College Playoff Rankings

ybeenormal

Jolly Good Fellow
I know I'm crazy sometimes but our best shot is not out of the realm of possibilities..... Oregon over Arizona, Wisconsin over Ohio state, k state over Baylor and we whip the ever lovin crap out of the criminoles and we could just sneak in...... don't crucify me, I'm just reserving all hope until it's over

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
What happened to the quality loss argument that the SEC was getting measured by? A loss to us shouldn't bump FSU out of the playoff imo?

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
What happened to the quality loss argument that the SEC was getting measured by? A loss to us shouldn't bump FSU out of the playoff imo?
I was thinking the same thing. I personally don't think we should be in even if we do beat FSU. They should still be in. Why should Ohio State jump FSU when they lost to a 6 win VT team and FSU lost to us. Oregon's lone loss is to a 10-2 team similar to us. Alabama's loss is to a 9-3 team.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
@Jeff I guess they can use the gotta win your championship argument if we beat FSU but the commuter has shown they switch sides faster than a tennis ball at Wimbledon.

I just hope this year's tomfoolery demands that we go to an 8 team playoff next year and that the power 5 conference champs are all locks.

Then we know what we have to do and - frankly given the talent coming back - I am feeling really good about taking care of business.

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
Guys, what to you think of this scenario: GT def FSU, KS def BAY, WIS def OSU. ORE def ZONA. I think KS and GT would be neck and neck for spot #4.

MIZ def ALA would maybe allow both GT and KS in the playoff.

Anybody think I'm crazy?

Sarrick

Ramblin' Wreck
How Tech can get in the playoffs in my mind:

Current top 11
1. Bama
2. Oregon
3. TCU
4. FSU
5. Ohio State
6. Baylor
7. Arizona
8. Mich State
9. Kansas State
10. Miss St
11. Georgia Tech

Here's what I believe needs to happen for us to earn a spot in the playoffs.

Georgia Tech def FSU
Wisconsin def Ohio St
Kansas St def Baylor
Oregon def Arizona
TCU def Iowa St
Alabama beats Missouri

The final top 4:
1. Alabama
2. Oregon
3. TCU
4. Georgia Tech

5. Kansas St
6. FSU

Thought Process: If these events happen, Georgia Tech will jump Ohio State, FSU, Baylor, Arizona, an idle Miss St and Mich St. My one concern is a potential co-champ Kansas State. They would have just beaten the #6 team and could potentially be ahead of us, but I think we have a chance of topping them for the number 4 spot so woo optimism. And honestly, these turnout for these games aren't super crazy. These projections are all based on the fact a conference champion gets a lot of points, which is what is theoretically supposed to happen.

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
How Tech can get in the playoffs in my mind:

Current top 11
1. Bama
2. Oregon
3. TCU
4. FSU
5. Ohio State
6. Baylor
7. Arizona
8. Mich State
9. Kansas State
10. Miss St
11. Georgia Tech

Here's what I believe needs to happen for us to earn a spot in the playoffs.

Georgia Tech def FSU
Wisconsin def Ohio St
Kansas St def Baylor
Oregon def Arizona
TCU def Iowa St
Alabama beats Missouri

The final top 4:
1. Alabama
2. Oregon
3. TCU
4. Georgia Tech

5. Kansas St
6. FSU

Thought Process: If these events happen, Georgia Tech will jump Ohio State, FSU, Baylor, Arizona, an idle Miss St and Mich St. My one concern is a potential co-champ Kansas State. They would have just beaten the #6 team and could potentially be ahead of us, but I think we have a chance of topping them for the number 4 spot so woo optimism. And honestly, these turnout for these games aren't super crazy. These projections are all based on the fact a conference champion gets a lot of points, which is what is theoretically supposed to happen.

That's exactly what I posted above, but we must also consider if Bama loses to Miz as well. That could open another spot, allowing GT and KS to both be in.

Sarrick

Ramblin' Wreck
That's exactly what I posted above, but we must also consider if Bama loses to Miz as well. That could open another spot, allowing GT and KS to both be in.

Whoops sorry Frenchise, I was still analyzing when you posted that. My bad. And that's also true. I'm just afriad Bama would stay above us because of the history of the institution

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
I think part of what the committee want happen is to generate $$$. A Bama-FSU game in NOLA will draw more interest than Oregon-FSU. Oregon-TCU in California will be a better matchup, a crowd puller and more $$.

This is what is happening, and Jeff Long can't come out and say that for obvious reasons and the backlash. Maybe we should let the computers decide. **Puts on tinfoil hat.** :D

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
All 4 will end up being conference champs and I am fine with that. I hope we win and are one of the top 4, but we could end up being #5. If we are left out, we can directly look back to the failure to hold UNC on their last drive.

I would think our resume would be pretty strong with consecutive wins over top 20 CLIMPSUM, top 10 UGAg, and top 4 FSU to finish. I don't think any other team in the running can claim that. Maybe a convincing win over FSU by 3 plus TDs would be just enough.

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
Maybe a convincing win over FSU by 3 plus TDs would be just enough.
I think a 21 point win over F$U would backfire - they would just conclude that F$U imploded and not that we were world beaters. I think the best scenario for us is to do to F$U what they have done the last few weeks: F$U gets out to a decent lead then we climb back, take the lead then hold off their best shot and win at the end.