College Playoff Rankings

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
The reasoning why we could be in with just two "minor" upsets if we win is because:

If we beat FSU, we're ACC Champions and one of the seven teams we needed to lose ahead of us just bit the dust. Six to go.

Alabama beat Missouri, and they would have been the highest ranked 2-loss SEC team (now Mississippi State as they're idle so we'd pass them as we'd have beated the #3 team in the Country and would be our Conference Champ) Five to go.

Oregon beat Arizona, and there wouldn't be a higher ranked 2-loss PAC 12 team than us left. Four to go.

Kansas State beat Baylor, which would make TCU the winner of the BIG 12, and knock out not only Baylor from a spot ahead of us, but we'd also pass Kansas State, which is ahead of us because the team they beat is lower ranked than FSU and we'd also be Conference Champions, which is one of the criteria for the Playoffs. Two to go.

Wisconsin beat Ohio State, which knocks another team ahead of us, as well as allows us to pass Michigan State, which is idle, and ahead of us in the poll as Ohio State beat them, and we beat the #3 team in the Country and would be Conference Champs. WE'RE IN!

iggymcfly

Georgia Tech Fan
I've enjoyed the what-if's as much as anybody, and I certainly think that there are scenarios where we can make a good case to be included. Yet, the bottom line is that by dropping the undefeated FSU to 4, they are saying that they are looking for reasons to keep the ACC out, not get one in. They'd put two Big 12 teams in before they'd include GT, imo.

Or they're saying that they value margin of victory and not just who you beat which is why Florida State's being punished for all their close calls while Georgia Tech is still 5 spots ahead of 2-loss Missouri who plays in the almighty SEC but lost 34-0 to Georgia.

If all 4 of these happen: (1) GT wins by at least 10 (2) Oregon beats Arizona (3) K-State beats Baylor (4) Wisconsin beats Ohio State, I think it's almost guaranteed we get in, like better than 90%, with the times we don't get in being weird circumstances like K-State blowing out Baylor 63-14 to take our spot away or something.

GoldenBuzz23

Georgia Tech Fan
Even if FSU comes in with a chip on their shoulder I think we still beat them. With a win over them I still think we are at 6 or 7. Losing against NC kills us but hey I am happy with our season and look forward to next year. Go Jackets!!!