Coaching Carousel 7 - When life gives you lemons, squirt someone in the eye

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Sounds like someone just wants to be salty. What’s our record against them? Right. GT is 17-2 against Georgia State. That’s a little more than competitive.

All I'll add is ....

You Are Wrong Win GIF

... am I doin' this right, kids?

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Sounds like someone just wants to be salty. What’s our record against them? Right. GT is 17-2 against Georgia State. That’s a little more than competitive.
He’s 1-1 against Georgia State. We’ll, he owns dem bitches!

Did I get my facts straight?

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Man you guys get your panties in a wad pretty easy. I was merely asking “will the coaching change at Ga St” now allow us to beat them like we were accustomed in the past. I had no idea the record was 16-1 prior to Pastner’s tenure but I figured the record had to be “a lot” to “a little if any”. You confirmed it. Pastner is 1-1, a 4OT loss and a 1OT win. Call me crazy, but that’s not what I expect out of GT basketball AND I’m not delusional thinking we’re going to be magically way better next year with Devoe and Usher gone. So, the only way we go back to beating Ga St damn near every year like it used to be is if they get worse. How hard is that to understand? Sorry to interrupt the back slapping on here and I’m sorry if the post was beneath everyone asking what I thought was a simple question. This is my last post on this issue. Fire away. You get the last word.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Man you guys get your panties in a wad pretty easy. I was merely asking “will the coaching change at Ga St” now allow us to beat them like we were accustomed in the past. I had no idea the record was 16-1 prior to Pastner’s tenure but I figured the record had to be “a lot” to “a little if any”. You confirmed it. Pastner is 1-1, a 4OT loss and a 1OT win. Call me crazy, but that’s not what I expect out of GT basketball AND I’m not delusional thinking we’re going to be magically way better next year with Devoe and Usher gone. So, the only way we go back to beating Ga St damn near every year like it used to be is if they get worse. How hard is that to understand? Sorry to interrupt the back slapping on here and I’m sorry if the post was beneath everyone asking what I thought was a simple question. This is my last post on this issue. Fire away. You get the last word.
We'll play them early next season, but since I got to school in 1993, I'm not sure we schedule them that regularly. There's no upside in doing so.

Pastner only did it because when COVID happened and nobody knew what was next, we needed to schedule regional opponents with minimal travel expense.

glandon1960

Jolly Good Fellow
We'll play them early next season, but since I got to school in 1993, I'm not sure we schedule them that regularly. There's no upside in doing so.he

Pastner only did it because when COVID happened and nobody knew what was next, we needed to schedule regional opponents with minimal travel expense.
The game next season is supposed to be the first game in Ga State's new areana. I remember going to the game at Ga State when Hewitt took the team there - was loud and packed ... I expect the same for this one (if I can get tix I will be there wearing gold). Will be difficult test for GT early next season given the uncertainty of the rotations next year (and no Usher/Devoe).

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Agree Hayes should ply his trade at a mid-major. There's absolutely no shame in that.

Although, I wouldn't be totally shocked if GASt went with him. Are they considered a mid-major? Hard to tell anymore.