Coaching Carousel 7 - When life gives you lemons, squirt someone in the eye

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Anyone who doesn't think the school don't know what's going on with their coaches is an idiot. No way the brass at LSU didn't know what they had going with Wade. No way the brass in Arizona didn't know what was going on with Miller. They just keep a distance to insulate the team, but these are clear cases of lack of institutional control. That's on the school and the school should be punished. Now, players can transfer to another school without penalty now, so there's no punishment for the players by routing a septic program. LSU, Arizona, Louisville, and any other school should have their program shut down for 2 years for such egregious sins (UNC too). If they want to cheat with the big boys, then they need to know they're going to get big boy punishment.

In today's world of NCAA basketball, coming back from a 2-year program pause would not damage these big programs, but would absolutely stop some of the crap. However, now with the NIL, all this cheating is out in the open (it's still cheating, it's just that no one cares anymore), I expect all this to go away.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Anyone who doesn't think the school don't know what's going on with their coaches is an idiot. No way the brass at LSU didn't know what they had going with Wade. No way the brass in Arizona didn't know what was going on with Miller. They just keep a distance to insulate the team, but these are clear cases of lack of institutional control. That's on the school and the school should be punished. Now, players can transfer to another school without penalty now, so there's no punishment for the players by routing a septic program. LSU, Arizona, Louisville, and any other school should have their program shut down for 2 years for such egregious sins (UNC too). If they want to cheat with the big boys, then they need to know they're going to get big boy punishment.

In today's world of NCAA basketball, coming back from a 2-year program pause would not damage these big programs, but would absolutely stop some of the crap. However, now with the NIL, all this cheating is out in the open (it's still cheating, it's just that no one cares anymore), I expect all this to go away.
I agree. LSU wasn't unaware of what was going on and they hung on to him for 2 years after the tape came out. The AD who wanted to get rid of him was run out of Baton Rouge.
There is a reason they were hit with an lack of institutional control charge.
I will be very disappointed if LSU is not hit with a post-season ban and frankly a multi-year one.
As you said, any recruit that signs with them right now has to know that is a possibility and they have the right to transfer if they want to.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Smells like Lamont Paris to SCarolina. I'll let dtm post the various twits. Since I'm not on the twitter.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This is a pretty good hire. Has done a really good job at St. Bonaventure.

ETA: the ratio of quote tweets is staggering this far. A lot disbelief.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Doing well has its rewards. Good for him.

Seemed to do well at Chatt. As is the case with most SEC schools, it's hard to win at SCar without cheating. We'll see if he has the stomach for it. Good for him for striking while the iron's hot.

Otherwise could've gotten stuck there like Moton at NCCentral. That guy should've taken a job years ago, imho.