Coaching Carousel 5 - You have to look through the rain to see the rainbow

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
He was a HC for 10 years at Portland. Can’t do much worse in comparison. Scrap the Princeton style. The guys look uninterested in playing. Crowd is dwindling. This all has happened before. It doesn’t end well!

I’m on board with your outrage, I just have a nitpick with your comment to scrap the Princeton style. Another coach could run whatever they wanted but there is no reason to be down on the Princeton style because our current team doesn’t run the Princeton style. We may hear that we do because of our focus on positionless perimeter play and high post play, but Princeton relies on constant ball and player movement which is basically the opposite of what we do. The whole problem with this team is that we have absolutely no semblance of an offensive game plan.

glandon1960

Jolly Good Fellow
He was a HC for 10 years at Portland. Can’t do much worse in comparison. Scrap the Princeton style. The guys look uninterested in playing. Crowd is dwindling. This all has happened before. It doesn’t end well!
Letting Pastner go without 'upgrade' replacement only makes you feel good for short while and pushes out any long term improvements for 3-4 years. I am not in favor of that route.
As bad as last night was, I did not see lack of effort. Lack of focus at times, but not lack of effort.

The thing I am questioning is - Are we running a style/system of offense that works well for the talent we have?
First couple of years, the Princeton style worked and fit the players - Lammers was effectively a point center and we (almost) never played with two bigs on the floor.
This years personnel do not fit that style as well. Moses is not a significant threat on the perimeter (to pass, shoot, drive), Banks scores in the low post and getting it low/kicking out if necessary is another way to create offense from the center (vs. having him pass from FT line where he is little threat to score).

Teams have figured out to key/focus on Devoe - no one else has shown ability to create their or others shots. The best way to defend us is to play sagging man-man that stays out on Devoe - clogs cutters/restricts penetration, and gives chance to recover on 3's (which we as shooting worse than last year which I though would be impossible to do over this long a stretch).

Being 300+ our of @350 teams in offensive efficiency needs to change

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
You can want whatever you feel like but it makes no sense to fire a guy and then just promote someone that his been on his staff since day 1. There is no reason to think Rev would improve things just cause.

If the real problem is the players can't stand to listen to Coach Corny's repetitive cliches then anyone would be an improvement. I don't know if that is the root cause but that is my best guess.

They look at the fake smile with disdain.

gtg970g

Jolly Good Fellow
He's a great big man coach for sure, but that doesn't mean it translates to being a head coach.
Plus if he were to take the HC position it would require a salary bump to HC level which means we aren't saving any money. No coach is going to work as a HC for less than 2ish million a year.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Earl Grant at CoC is working his way up the list of up and comers. As much as we hate UNCheats, their basketball culture and pedigree are impressive, so maybe Wes Miller could bring that with him.

Shhhhhhh... Let's not tip our hand on good candidates. Wake's AD may be reading this.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Because that’s the highlight of this term. Lammers, Banks, and how he did something with
Abdoulaye Gueye

Eh, but wake me up when any of that translates to anything more than a decent asst. coach.

ETA: Wake me up again when he does anything more than take overseas trips on GT's dime under the guise of recruiting, btw.

He's a great big man coach for sure, but that doesn't mean it translates to being a head coach.

Yup. Read above.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I've already got those names from him, so you're *** out on that front.

Are you still mad folks figured out your super-secret ace choice so easily?

Any truth to the rumors you're hiding peac in one of your safe houses? The people want to know, dt.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Are you still mad folks figured out your super-secret ace choice so easily?

Any truth to the rumors you're hiding peac in one of your safe houses? The people want to know, dt.

It took you at least 2 guesses with good hints and I've got a list of 12 names already.

@Peacone36 is taking a well-deserved break to focus on worthwhile endeavors. I've been in contact and I think he's doing well avoiding this place turn in to The Hive 2.0.

GT_EE78

Banned
Demoralizing situation at best. What we really need is a proven P5 coach who can sell himself and his ability to get players to the next level to stimulate recruiting until a winning program is built ... Our AD/AA ability to do the needed fundraising makes that seem unlikely. Does Pitino have a "show cause" ?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
It took you at least 2 guesses with good hints and I've got a list of 12 names already.

@Peacone36 is taking a well-deserved break to focus on worthwhile endeavors. I've been in contact and I think he's doing well avoiding this place turn in to The Hive 2.0.

I just want us to be one big happy family again. :oops:

And I'll be on the look out for you to slide into my dm's with those 12 names. You show me yours and I'll show you mine.

Did this just get weird?

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
This is a ramblin wreck of Ga Tech and a coach who does not belong. He made bad decisions and now should step forward to claim his responsibility for the wreck! And he DID NOT KNOW WHAT Lab and Jac were doing at the strip!!!! And where was Stans during all this crap?