Coaching Carousel 5 - You have to look through the rain to see the rainbow

LibertyTurns

Banned
Even if they do that, I think the difference is that Wake has boosters more likely to stay true to their word and pay for the buyout, unlike the Gailey & Hewitt buyouts.

As a reminder, pre-COVID19, compared to GT's $125MM AI2020 Campaign, Wake's capital campaign for athletics was $300MM with 6 people ponying up $225MM of it. That factoid is straight from Todd Stansbury's mouth.
Wow. Guess it will go away in 1 installment!

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Wow. Guess it will go away in 1 installment!
I think your concept of payments is very plausible. Why wouldn't you want to stretch it out?

I think the difference between our situation and theirs is that they won't necessarily have the albatrosses we did. This buyout will be funded, as opposed to being part of their operating budget.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I think your concept of payments is very plausible. Why wouldn't you want to stretch it out?

I think the difference between our situation and theirs is that they won't necessarily have the albatrosses we did. This buyout will be funded, as opposed to being part of their operating budget.
Could be they stretch it out because it’s likely the $225M is in phases. To your point they’re apparently not up to their ears in debt like we are so theoretically they can make a better hire.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
This is a brilliantly calculated move. They got a booster to step up due to the simple fact that they are told Wes Miller will say yes. No other P6 jobs are open, they are competing against no one other than UNC-G. Wake Forest has family connections and apparently monetary capabilities to make this move. It’s brilliant

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Could be they stretch it out because it’s likely the $225M is in phases. To your point they’re apparently not up to their ears in debt like we are so theoretically they can make a better hire.

Possibly. Also, the $225MM is for athletics in general, including facilities, but it just goes to show what can happen when the right alumni say "We're going to compete and provide real resources".

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I apologize, I can’t find the original post where I made this statement, I don’t know what you’re referring too
It doesn't matter. It was a twitter poll about Pastner being successful at GT. Someone else pointed the same thing out in an earlier post.

I wasn't agreeing or disagreeing with your post, just commenting that it didn't necessarily seem unbiased.

Edit: I think the original post was moved to a different thread. Not sure why my reply didn't move too.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
It doesn't matter. It was a twitter poll about Pastner being successful at GT. Someone else pointed the same thing out in an earlier post.

I wasn't agreeing or disagreeing with your post, just commenting that it didn't necessarily seem unbiased.

what were we taking about?
Edit: I think the original post was moved to a different thread. Not sure why my reply didn't move too.

what were we talking about

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I am floored and impressed that WF made this move.
Wes Miller would be a good hire - new enthusiasm and wouldn't break the bank to start.