Coaching Carousel 5 - You have to look through the rain to see the rainbow

LibertyTurns

Banned
If that's the case then GT attendance is going to be UGLY given how large of a percentage of our fanbase is the older crowd.
They were already having difficulty selling season tickets before coronavirus. I’m really not sure what GT’s going to do if sports are cancelled other than the obvious, restructuring debt & trying to cut expenses.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Given current interest rates they ought to be restructuring debt regardless.
Specific to Football, they needed to try to infuse some youth in the fan base years ago. Collins is trying but too late for this crisis.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Given current interest rates they ought to be restructuring debt regardless.
Specific to Football, they needed to try to infuse some youth in the fan base years ago. Collins is trying but too late for this crisis.
Spreads have widened significantly and the revenue stream is riskier.

Can't assume the rate will have improved.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
That thing went from horrible to terr-bad and I mean quick.

It was like Stallings said, "You think I was a bad hire, huh? Hol' muh beer .."

Imagine being Shelton Jeter who bolted Vanderbilt after his freshman season to get away from Stallings, then Pitt hires Stallings for his senior season. Awkward.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Some names in the articles that we'd potentially find interesting, if necessary down the road... except for Pat Kelsey. We should never hire him.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
They’ll just renegotiate the $16M they owe him like we did with Hewitt. They’ll be paying for 2 coaches for a decade. Hope they make a good choice otherwise look this way at what could happen.

Even if they do that, I think the difference is that Wake has boosters more likely to stay true to their word and pay for the buyout, unlike the Gailey & Hewitt buyouts.

As a reminder, pre-COVID19, compared to GT's $125MM AI2020 Campaign, Wake's capital campaign for athletics was $300MM with 6 people ponying up $225MM of it. That factoid is straight from Todd Stansbury's mouth.

slugboy

Staff member
Other comments

I’d like to have seen the Zoom meeting where they said, “hey, we got the $15MM”.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk