Coaching Carousel 5 - You have to look through the rain to see the rainbow

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
Soo...not considering the fact people dont like Pitino bc of all the strippers and other ****...without considering any of that background stuff just strictly focused on basketball...we would be better off w Pitino as coach, right? He would get us back where we want to be? Ignoring all his off court issues
He's an excellent coach. Just being tech, the ncaa would probably give us the death penalty.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Soo...not considering the fact people dont like Pitino bc of all the strippers and other ****...without considering any of that background stuff just strictly focused on basketball...we would be better off w Pitino as coach, right? He would get us back where we want to be? Ignoring all his off court issues

Ignoring all the BS, every college team would be better off with Pitino as coach.

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
Ignoring all the BS, every college team would be better off with Pitino as coach.
Yeah thats what i was thinking. Also seems like it would be good idea to hire him bc if he did not have off court problems we would have no shot. I know theres 0% chance and its not gonna happen, and were not even in the market butttt if we did and he won alot i think people would get over it pretty quick.

Jacket Forever

Jolly Good Fellow
Those folks at Iona apparently have no shame and few regards for morals. Pitino should have gotten the electric chair in 2017 for all of that foolishness and 'crook-ery' at Louisville in which he was involved. Memo to guys on Death Row: Hurry and learn how to recruit and coach collegiate basketball. There's some school 'out there' who will bail you out and give you a second and third chance.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
You can hire discount choir boys or you can hire guys that know how the game is played and win.

Iona just sold all their season tickets with this, will see a huge jump in apparel sales and energized their fan base. It also came to light that former Coach Cluess was making roughly $1.1MM per season which is basically double everyone else in the MAAC. It appears that Iona is a well run basketball program that sees the benefit of winning basketball games and making an investment in their program.

GT11

GT Athlete
Winning with a cheat, a crook, a womanizer and despicable human being. I would not want this scum anywhere near our program no matter how many tickets he sales. His assistants better keep an eye on their wives

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
You can hire discount choir boys or you can hire guys that know how the game is played and win.

Iona just sold all their season tickets with this, will see a huge jump in apparel sales and energized their fan base. It also came to light that former Coach Cluess was making roughly $1.1MM per season which is basically double everyone else in the MAAC. It appears that Iona is a well run basketball program that sees the benefit of winning basketball games and making an investment in their program.

Cluess was making more than we ever paid BG.

I get why people here wouldn't want Pitino, but the reality is that he'd win at GT because he'd win anywhere. Scummy **** aside, he's likely the best college basketball coach in the modern era.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
He is a good one and would win at Tech if he could get kids in. But I have to admit the best coach of the modern era is in Durham

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
He is a good one and would win at Tech if he could get kids in. But I have to admit the best coach of the modern era is in Durham

He never coached in the modern era though. Game basically evolved like 3 times since he coached.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Many many many people would disagree, based on the underlying ability to coach in-game & develop talent.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer

Virtually any school would.

Anyone remember what CRP said about Mark Price when GT was playing in the NCAA at Providence, and Providence was having one of their press conferences to intro CRP as their new coach? (Great timing by the way).