Coaching Carousel 5 - You have to look through the rain to see the rainbow

cyclejacket

Jolly Good Fellow
If you look at the success of the golf program, it is about money. GT Golf has raised a ton of dough outside of the AA. It can be done.

GT has had many highly successful golfers, quite a few of them with ties to the current coach. Danny Hall can do the same, to a slightly lesser extent, with Beesball. The decline of our basketball program over the past 15 years has left a hole in that avenue, relatively speaking.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
GT has had many highly successful golfers, quite a few of them with ties to the current coach. Danny Hall can do the same, to a slightly lesser extent, with Beesball. The decline of our basketball program over the past 15 years has left a hole in that avenue, relatively speaking.

It takes effort. Golf has a suite at BDS nicer than the AD’s. Bruce does an excellent job with fundraising.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer

it’s not just pro athletes that are giving.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Why are GT fans bickering amongst ourselves? We should send bags of sh!t to Bobinski instead.

Might well be a valid notion, yet I am continually amazed as to why the boss of our AD is held seemingly unaccountable.

It is absurd for that person to be the head of the GTAA, gladly embrace the Millions of $ of goodwill & free publicity when the athletic teams are doing well, and then when things are not so rosy to build an iron curtain around themselves and say "talk to the AD".

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Might well be a valid notion, yet I am continually amazed as to why the boss of our AD is held seemingly unaccountable.

It is absurd for that person to be the head of the GTAA, gladly embrace the Millions of $ of goodwill & free publicity when the athletic teams are doing well, and then when things are not so rosy to build an iron curtain around themselves and say "talk to the AD".

Totally agree. But the job of the prez is to graduate students, raise money, and deliver a billion a year in research.

THAT is what separates Tech today vs. Tech of Dodd and even the Ross years. The dollars from Research. Football, says the BOR ... who cares?

Havax

Georgia Tech Fan
Think he might be looking for a lateral type move/mutual exit with Maryland soon and I think he'd be a good option for GT's next coach. He's had a lot of success there but I think he could do even better at GT or at the very least GT back to being a perennial top 25 team. Thoughts?

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Think he might be looking for a lateral type move/mutual exit with Maryland soon and I think he'd be a good option for GT's next coach. He's had a lot of success there but I think he could do even better at GT or at the very least GT back to being a perennial top 25 team. Thoughts?

You are wrong on all counts and it's taking all my willpower to not absolutely eviscerate this suggestion.

ETA: **** it...

LibertyTurns

Banned
We have probably our best 3 game stretch since CJP became coach & we reinvigorate the HC search thread. I’m confused. Maybe somebody’s been in Tahiti for a couple of weeks & is now just catching up on the news?

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We have probably our best 3 game stretch since CJP became coach & we reinvigorate the HC search thread. I’m confused. Maybe somebody’s been in Tahiti for a couple of weeks & is now just catching up on the news?

@LibertyTurns - the post above, by Havax, was originally posted under its very own Mark Turgeon thread. Spectacular 1st post.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Exactly. Plus a good recruiting class in 2020 that includes a 4* seven footer, a shooting guard with NBA pedigree, and a 6'-9" forward with other P5 offers. Plus the kids like CJP as indicated by the fact that no one jumped ship after the NCAA penalties when many predicted we would lose several starters and recruits. All this talk about about a coaching change at this stage is nothing more than pure bullsh*t.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
So any prospective coaches exploding on the scene this year? Doesn’t seem to be in mid-majors making a big leap this season.