Coaching Carousel 4 - Hard work pays off in the future, laziness pays off now

tbglover

Ramblin' Wreck
Interesting article on the UCLA search

https://www.si.com/college-basketba...ht-villanova-ucla-coaching-search-mick-cronin

Just goes to show how difficult it can be to hire a coach sometimes.
It was difficult because of UCLA'S impossible standards. Make the tournament or the Sweet 16 not good enough. Make multiple Final Fours like Howland did, not good enough play a more exciting style. Do that, not good enough. Why leave a good situation for that unless you're getting a raise that you would never see elsewhere like Cronin is.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think, deep down, it's in your dreams.

Here's something I've been dreaming about ...

... hope it happens. Now if Charlton can just leave FSU, I'd sleep quite a bit better.

You should check on which Hayes is where...

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Wow.... ND State loses head coach. (not big news outside ND) Ill State hires an assistant. (Not news outside Carbondale, and not big news there either)

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I think, deep down, it's in your dreams.

Here's something I've been dreaming about ...

... hope it happens. Now if Charlton can just leave FSU, I'd sleep quite a bit better.

Better? Lanier in our backyard. David effing Grace in our back yard. Mike Young’s staff. Pearl, Young, Jonas Hayes pulling to Cinci. We need a new staff like gonorrhea needs penicillin

slugboy

Staff member

I wouldn't take any less than 5--Cleveland is the most tank tankathon in the NBA right now. And you know you'll get fired as soon as they get a good pick, unless they get Zion this year.

Signing before the lottery is interesting--you don't know what you're getting, but you're rolling the dice on 14% for the number 1

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
He is 66 and you have to guess wanted one last challenge. Not far from Michigan (sort of) and I think his kid just took over at Niagra which is driving distance. I think I heard one of his former players is the ***'t GM. 5 year contract so if he finishes it he is 71. Doubt he finishes either from Cleveland's perspective or his.

I like his offense and looking forward to seeing his principals work in the NBA with some tweeks.