Coaching Carousel 4 - Hard work pays off in the future, laziness pays off now

gameface

Jolly Good Fellow
This brought back memories of when Hewett was coach at GT and St. Johns was also searching for a coach. Many of the faithful on the SJ board were hoping for and/or sure that Hewett would be the coach. All this was happening while GT was making a run in the tournament; much to the chagrin of GT faithful. Turns out this aided and abetted by a member of the SJ search committee who kept leaking
through a poster named Tom from Shrewsbury that Hewett was interested and later that he had agreed to take the job. The leaker turned out to be the men's soccer coach. Just shows the level of audacity shown by the SJ administration in trying to pull in a coach; without regard to what effect it would have on that coach's current team. What ever happens this time around; SJ gets what they deserve.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Dang, somebody's got the media out in full force against this Oliva guy ...

The search has been a train wreck but this is starting to feel like piling on is happening.

Next it's gonna be sources "with knowledge of Oliva's way of thinking". Whatever that means.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Not among my opening top tier, but I think Boynton & Jones would be interesting someday, if necessary.

O' Rly? I thought you'd indicated differently on Jones. I'd be curious to see that "opening top tier" if you're willing to share. All in good fun, of course. I don't need c62 streaking in to quash the conversation as he is want to do lately. :smuggrin:

I don't really have one since, ya know, it's not quite necessary yet.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
O' Rly? I thought you'd indicated differently on Jones. I'd be curious to see that "opening top tier" if you're willing to share. All in good fun, of course. I don't need c62 streaking in to quash the conversation as he is want to do lately. :smuggrin:

I don't really have one since, ya know, it's not quite necessary yet.

You guessed the top one previously.

Another just got his first head coaching gig in the South and has GT ties.

A 3rd needs to get a head job and get some track record, but also has huge novelty factor for me and, possibly, @ESPNjacket.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
You guessed the top one previously.

Another just got his first head coaching gig in the South and has GT ties.

A 3rd needs to get a head job and get some track record, but also has huge novelty factor for me and, possibly, @ESPNjacket.

Wasn't Jones the one I guessed? I'm getting old.

Schrage? ESPNJacket is a coach? I'd hire him right now even though I'm pretty sure he hates me :(.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Schrage? ESPNJacket is a coach? I'd hire him right now even though I'm pretty sure he hates me :(.

You got the top choice right, but forgot.

You've now figured out a 2nd.

The 3rd one must be getting lost in translation.

I do like Jones as a possibility and will put him on my list.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
You got the top choice right, but forgot.

You've now figured out a 2nd.

The 3rd one must be getting lost in translation.

I do like Jones as a possibility and will put him on my list.

Ok, I remember #1 now. I was thinking about a different kind of cougars and jogged my memory. ;)

The 3rd one I can't get. This is almost as compelling (for everyone reading) as my impending ice cream choice.:cigar:

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer

Hate? Nah.

tumblr_lbhd6jlq6H1qe0eclo1_r2_500.gif

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Ok, I remember #1 now. I was thinking about a different kind of cougars and jogged my memory. ;)

The 3rd one I can't get. This is almost as compelling (for everyone reading) as my impending ice cream choice.:cigar:

You better figure it out soon or this is gonna feel like groundhog day.