Coaching Carousel 3 - Burn It All Down Edition

Techster

Helluva Engineer
LOL. Sports are funny, and sports decision makers are even funnier. The things these "leaders" tell themselves to make hiring someone like Pitino, Pearl, etc. easier to digest after those guys were tagged at another school. I mean, the press conference when they hired them should be replayed at the same time NCAA slams them with penalties.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Thought Dollar would do much better recruiting at GT than he did. Lazy would be one word multiple people described him as. I wish we would make some moves though. Tired of waiting.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Sometimes GT is our own worst enemy...

I want to "like" this post but there's nothing to like about it. Follow that logic. Also ...

.... some news on #CharltonWatch18. Seems, if he wasn't already #2 at FSU, he could be moving up the pecking order soon if Jones takes FIU.

https://hoopdirt.com/daily-dirt-4-4-18/
Speaking of FIU…a few early names there are Florida associate head coach Stan Jones and Grambling State head coach Donte’ Jackson. Jones has been on the FSU bench for the past 16 seasons, and also worked as an assistant at Miami. Jackson led GSU to a 17-14 record this past season and was recently named as the Ben Jobe National Coach of the Year by Collegeinsider.com.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Thought Dollar would do much better recruiting at GT than he did. Lazy would be one word multiple people described him as. I wish we would make some moves though. Tired of waiting.

I hope he doesn't live up to your expectations at UGA.

I saw he was listed as the lead recruiter for MGH and Okogie. In hindsight it looks really good but if I remember they weren't highly rated players compared to how they ended up playing. So either Dollar or someone had a good eye for hidden talent or we've done a decent job coaching them up. I prefer that it is the latter vs the former for the sake of UGA not getting good.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I hope he doesn't live up to your expectations at UGA.

I saw he was listed as the lead recruiter for MGH and Okogie. In hindsight it looks really good but if I remember they weren't highly rated players compared to how they ended up playing. So either Dollar or someone had a good eye for hidden talent or we've done a decent job coaching them up. I prefer that it is the latter vs the former for the sake of UGA not getting good.

Pretty sure MGH was a top 75 kid, possibly higher.

Okogie was highly respected in-state, but was off the national radar, as he was the 3rd wheel on a really high end CP3 squad. They were able to close him before he continued his rise. At minimum, he was a Rivals 150 kid & Dan McDonald viewed Okogie as pretty underrated.

ETA: Double checked - MGH was only Top 75 on ESPN. Was top 100 elsewhere.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer

Okogie was highly respected in-state, but was off the national radar, as he was the 3rd wheel on a really high end CP3 squad. They were able to close him before he continued his rise. At minimum, he was a Rivals 150 kid & Dan McDonald viewed Okogie as pretty underrated.

Whoa whoa whoa I’m confused

F628BB46-F5D0-45C8-A4C7-2C39B014A17A.png

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Was Okogie attributable to the Jordan-Robert Carter connection considering he was a Shiloh kid?