Coaching Carousel 3 - Burn It All Down Edition

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Forde's Column regarding "Business as Usual"

To veteran industry observers, the federal investigation that was supposed to change everything in a scandal-scarred sport has really changed nothing. “I thought it would be different,” Martelli said. “I’m watching these hires from the outside looking in, and I’ll say, ‘Huh?'”

Pretty much. The kitchen lights were turned on a couple months ago when them dudes got indicted. All the roaches scampered. Then they turned the lights back off. Roaches came back out again.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
That would be an interesting staff. i would say UGA would likely get first pick of any players they wanted from GA with that staff.
Now, the coaching of those players might be interesting as all the assts would be better recruiting assts than coaching and developing assts

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
That would be an interesting staff. i would say UGA would likely get first pick of any players they wanted from GA with that staff.
Now, the coaching of those players might be interesting as all the assts would be better recruiting assts than coaching and developing assts
I think UGA fans have hired themselves the second coming of John Wooden or something. Crean is an above average recruiter, but not a great game day coach, ( opposite of Fox ? ).
I got my Masters at Marquette in the mid 90's, and still follow the school. They remind me of Tech , in some ways.....try to compete honestly, graduate their players , against schools that don't always play by the same rules. Indiana basketball was a great opportunity for him and he didn't meet their expectations consistently.
IMO, it will be VERY interesting to see if Crean can get UGA fans to give a ****e about basketball. If they don't compete for the SEC championship EVERY year and consistently get to the sweet 16 or elite 8, I don't think they will be impressed. UGA fans think they are ENTITLED to win. Crean has never played 2nd fiddle at a " Football school ". Steep mountain to climb.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I think UGA fans have hired themselves the second coming of John Wooden or something. Crean is an above average recruiter, but not a great game day coach, ( opposite of Fox ? ).
I got my Masters at Marquette in the mid 90's, and still follow the school. They remind me of Tech , in some ways.....try to compete honestly, graduate their players , against schools that don't always play by the same rules. Indiana basketball was a great opportunity for him and he didn't meet their expectations consistently.
IMO, it will be VERY interesting to see if Crean can get UGA fans to give a ****e about basketball. If they don't compete for the SEC championship EVERY year and consistently get to the sweet 16 or elite 8, I don't think they will be impressed. UGA fans think they are ENTITLED to win. Crean has never played 2nd fiddle at a " Football school ". Steep mountain to climb.
Crean is a mediocre headcase:)