Coaching Carousel 3 - Burn It All Down Edition

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I’d rather the ACC be sitting at home watching the FF, than have the Tarholes there.
Not me, and I dislike UNC as much as anyone. Every ACC team that does well in the tournament reflects positively on the entire conference. It may not suit your bias to see UNC or Duke do so well, but that is why it feels so good when we beat them.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
Not me, and I dislike UNC as much as anyone. Every ACC team that does well in the tournament reflects positively on the entire conference. It may not suit your bias to see UNC or Duke do so well, but that is why it feels so good when we beat them.
It's the blatant cheating they got away with. I don't want to see them win another game EVER. I'd be happy to see any other acc team go forward.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
That would be a darn good hire by Pitt.
My view of this is that Odom had a decent game plan. That is a minimum expectation for a D1 coach. His guys hit shots at the "in my wildest dreams" level when UVA was playing their worst game of the year. Shig happens in basketball. I know because I scored double digits in a game. That may have been longer odds than UMBC winning. Don't make more of this than is actually there.

That said, I am happy that UVA lost. It was fun to watch that game.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
My view of this is that Odom had a decent game plan. That is a minimum expectation for a D1 coach. His guys hit shots at the "in my wildest dreams" level when UVA was playing their worst game of the year. Shig happens in basketball. I know because I scored double digits in a game. That may have been longer odds than UMBC winning. Don't make more of this than is actually there.

That said, I am happy that UVA lost. It was fun to watch that game.
I think he's be a very good coach like his dad Dave Odom was. You make very good points and I agree(y)

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Those old dorms that TJ designed make them think they are much more deserving than anyone else. Also, there is not a single decent place to eat in Charlottesville. I can stomach UNC better than UVA. I know that is not popular on the board, but that is just me.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
I always liked Malcolm Brogden. Helluva player and seemed humble. Ditto Joe Harris.

Bennett far better than Lon Kruger. It's not even close.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Lon Kruger. Journeyman coach. Makes his living following others and doing well with their recruits. Then fading to mediocrity and getting paid to leave.

Bennett has taken a crap UVA program (courtesy of Leitao) and turned it into a perennial national power