Coaching Carousel 3 - Burn It All Down Edition

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Whoa! Pastner says "stop with the suit criticism!"
gettyimages-479976707.jpg

nah, he's not really good at the suit thing. But he does love basketball.

Well.....That’s because the guy that used to pick out his suits and ties is now in custody...

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Interesting tidbit tonight . Tony Bennett rumored to be leaving UVA and becoming Milwaukee Bucks coach.

Strictly a rumor, but from a source close the the situation. Worth keeping an eye on after the Hoos became the answer to a trivia question

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Interesting tidbit tonight . Tony Bennett rumored to be leaving UVA and becoming Milwaukee Bucks coach.

Strictly a rumor, but from a source close the the situation. Worth keeping an eye on after the Hoos became the answer to a trivia question

I don't see his style translating to the NBA. Yes they play defense in the NBA - actually very good defense - but the players want a faster pace than he wants. I would not look to him if I were an NBA owner or GM. And that really has nothing to do the the atrocity they laid on the court tonight.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
The coach that just raised their stock is Dave Odum's son at UMBC. They just had too much quickness for UVA and hit everything they shot in the second half. This may indicate the ACC is not as strong as originally thought. Bennett style does not translate well to the NBA. Terrible offense.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
The ACC was obviously not as strong as most intimated it to be. You don’t have that much chaos and all be quality teams. You had 3 good teams and a bunch of painfully mediocre teams.

Miami was the 3 seed in the ACCT for eff sakes. They lost to us, who lost to Grambling. Did anyone watch Miami this year outside of that game? They were awful. Clemson had a shot early to be the 4th legit ACC team until Grantham was lost. I thought NCST was going to be that team the last few weeks.They were a little turnover prone and weren’t great from the line but they had....something. This whole Kevin Keatts is a winner thing was largely just effective propaganda from an energized fan base. He wasn’t bad, but wasn’t great either. He was just better than Gottfried and Lowe. The fact that he won with Gottfried guys was pretty impressive though.

In a one game tournament literally anything can (and now has) happened.

On a long enough time line the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
The ACC was obviously not as strong as most intimated it to be. You don’t have that much chaos and all be quality teams. You had 3 good teams and a bunch of painfully mediocre teams.

Miami was the 3 seed in the ACCT for eff sakes. They lost to us, who lost to Grambling. Did anyone watch Miami this year outside of that game? They were awful. Clemson had a shot early to be the 4th legit ACC team until Grantham was lost. I thought NCST was going to be that team the last few weeks.They were a little turnover prone and weren’t great from the line but they had....something. This whole Kevin Keatts is a winner thing was largely just effective propaganda from an energized fan base. He wasn’t bad, but wasn’t great either. He was just better than Gottfried and Lowe. The fact that he won with Gottfried guys was pretty impressive though.

In a one game tournament literally anything can (and now has) happened.

On a long enough time line the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
North Carolina is going to be the only ACC team in the Final 4

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm not sure why people are assuming Bennett would not adapt how he coaches to the level of the NBA. Why assume he'll run the packline there?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I'm not sure why people are assuming Bennett would not adapt how he coaches to the level of the NBA. Why assume he'll run the packline there?

I'm not sure why people are assuming he'd be successful at the NBA level anyway, honestly.

Brad Stevens fever, I guess.