Coaching Carousel 3 - Burn It All Down Edition

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Kelvin Sampson? The dude has been busted for cheating at two schools and was a pretty run of the mill coach. If they want to cheat openly, go for Pitino. If they want a good coach, Sampson and Hewitt ain't it

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Another reason @Peacone36 will expand claiming NC over his home state...

I didn’t really pay attention to Maine WBB after Versyp left. I know that it went in the crapper for a long time and I lost interest, not that women’s CBB really interests me anyways but when we were winning and going to tournaments it was cool.

Never heard much about Barron other than the girls at UMaine really liked him as funny and contradictory as that is.

Maine is impossible to win at in Basketball. Facilities are ancient, the weather sucks, there is very rarely any local D1 talent and once players get better they transfer. UMaine had some really good players transfer during the Bob Walsh era (Isaac Vann of VCU) it’s just a really hard job. Never made the dance

The last Maine D1 talent I remember was Matt Cimino who ended up at GW. Before that it was Ralph Mims (FSU) and Nik Caner-Medley (Maryland).

Marc Socoby and Joe Campbell were Maine Mr. Basketball that went to UMaine but nothing ever really materialized. It’s been a hard run since Coach G left for LaSalle

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
A couple of rumors.

First on the Memphis board they are reporting that Penny's staff (once Tubby's firing and Penny's hiring become official) will be Larry Brown, Jordan Mincy (from White's FL staff) and Mike Miller (former FL and NBA player)

On Thad Matta. Pitt reportedly dropped him as a candidate as they were concerned still about his health for what will be a major rebuild.
Also, Matta may have to at least look like he is looking for a job based on this article of what is in his contract.
http://www.cleveland.com/osu/2018/03/thad_matta_a_reported_candidat.html