Coaching Carousel 2 - A New Dawn

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I think most suggest that Bedtime is on the downslope because of his age and his "get off my lawn, I'll pick my nose if I want to" attitude not his results. Grumpy old man

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I think most suggest that Bedtime is on the downslope because of his age and his "get off my lawn, I'll pick my nose if I want to" attitude not his results. Grumpy old man

Exactly. Not sure why SorryexCuse fans have their tidy-brownies in a wad about it.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
If I can't antagonize my own board from time to time, what am I really doing for myself?

Really though, I think the Millers have great PR reps. Or maybe they just know the higher-ups at ESPN and CBS. They have been mostly untouchable for years.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
If I can't antagonize my own board from time to time, what am I really doing for myself?

Really though, I think the Millers have great PR reps. Or maybe they just know the higher-ups at ESPN and CBS. They have been mostly untouchable for years.

Hey, if you're gonna do it you, better be able to recognize the deeply-veiled reverse-antagonization (did I spell that right?) coming back.

And I agree both Millers must have a tremendous rep at CBS, etc. They get zero negative press. It's not on Brad Stevens (2-10 playoff record) level but it's up there.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
We need to make sure our assistant coaches are well paid as well. Want to keep them a few years if possible and money talks. I hope they like the city of Atlanta and can deal with the traffic. JP staff seems to be a really good one. Hope they can recruit as well as they coach.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Clemson extended Brownell's contract. Made it so it has 4 yrs left - but also reduced the buyout.
IMO it doesn't really change his situation (at least not for the positive). The lengthening of the contract is obviously for recruiting purposes. But by reducing the buyout it makes it easier for Clemson to make a change in the next year or two if they want to.

http://www.postandcourier.com/sport...cle_8170ae3e-2554-11e7-9069-47f04feb9543.html

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Man, coaching salaries are skyrocketing
Pretty sure Buzz Williams & Danny Manning both got their jobs at about that amount and Buzz chose to be underpaid because his market value is way higher than that.

CJP came over under market for a chance at a fresh start. We'll need to adjust accordingly after another year or 2 of success, especially once the buyouts roll off. People shouldn't go spending the buyout money rolling off on football just yet.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
IIRC CJP is slightly above Keat's level but that is only because of what Memphis is paying him. That runs out in 2 years as well. So we will likely have to pay more and pick up the Memphis contribution.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
IIRC CJP is slightly above Keat's level but that is only because of what Memphis is paying him. That runs out in 2 years as well. So we will likely have to pay more and pick up the Memphis contribution.

Yup. By then I beleive we are free and clear of past indiscretions

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Is Thad Matta about to retire?

What other reason would there be to hold a press conf. now? I know he's had some severe health issues recently. Wish him well either way.