Coaching Carousel 2 - A New Dawn

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
In case you were wondering, UGA replaced Rosemond with FireFox's former asst at NEV, David Carter.

https://uga.rivals.com/news/fox-hires-carter-as-replacement-for-rosemond

yawn Can we fast-forward to the part where they fire this guy? #RootinForChaos

FWIW, i'm betting on UGA making the Tourney this year. Fox always does just enough to keep his job.
He has every player but Frasier coming back and has Hammonds coming in. They have recruited 4 players in the last 3 yrs that were rated as 4 star players by at least one of the major recruiting sites.
This sort of has to be his year to make the Tourney and I bet he does.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
FWIW, i'm betting on UGA making the Tourney this year. Fox always does just enough to keep his job.
He has every player but Frasier coming back and has Hammonds coming in. They have recruited 4 players in the last 3 yrs that were rated as 4 star players by at least one of the major recruiting sites.
This sort of has to be his year to make the Tourney and I bet he does.

Agree he's sorta doing just enough. I expect them to be a last 4-out kinda team with a chance to end up making it. Frasier is a huge loss for them so, despite the additions, I don't really expect them to ascend past that point.

gtuberfan

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah I just don't see Georgia making the tourney. Frasier is a huge loss and the SEC will be strong this year. A lot of teams will be better than them in that conference.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
As a GT fan, I WANT Fox to keep his job. UGA has the potential to be a good basketball program if they get the right guy in there. Here's hoping the "right guy" will always be Fox...

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
As a GT fan, I WANT Fox to keep his job. UGA has the potential to be a good basketball program if they get the right guy in there. Here's hoping the "right guy" will always be Fox...

I thought about this as well. However, saying UGA 'has the potential to be a good basketball program' is akin to saying 'uga football has the potential to win a natty title'. I guess they're both true statements. However, what has history shown us?

IOW, I'm no longer scared of UGA bball "putting it all together" all of a sudden. They are what they is. So, I'm fine with rooting for the chaos of a coaching change.

There, now you're clued in to my psyche.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Youch! OhioSt getting Fogler'd.

Folks learning the hard way that you can't just whip it out and attract top-tier coaches anymore. They should've had this worked out before they fired Matta.

Shiiii just name an interim from the existing staff and resume the search during/after the season. Timing of the firing made this imminently more difficult. You're basically asking a coach to leave their team high and dry in June! That's unheard of.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
My favorite part is the holier than thou "blessed and honored" spiel two days after he flew to Columbus and met with OSU to talk about leaving blessed Creighton for the Buckeyes. I guess he means he's blessed and honored and OSU didn't put enough $$$ on the table