Coaching Carousel 2 - A New Dawn

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I didn't either, figured he would be untouchable. Did the documentary present new evidence or something? Very odd situation...

I read a preview where it said he still maintains the deceased was a dealer. Like today he'd say he didn't make it up. I'm definitely watching the doc when i get a chance.

Also sad is the coaching community blackballing the asst coach that had the decency to record and out Bliss. I read years ago that he never coached again yet Bliss was re-hired?

And Bruce Pearl, who recorded a guy to save his own skin, is employed?

Man i hate loving college basketball.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Surprised he left TCU

If I understand correctly, he was Dixon's special assistant, so he wasn't a recruiting assistant. This is likely a step back up.

I'll say this, I think Herrion will be a better recruiter than Dollar because we were getting more traction that way towards the end, but I think reassembling his staff has potential because BG seemed to have finally realized the error of his ways in terms of offensive style, which turned off recruits. Herrion helped a lot with that.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
If I understand correctly, he was Dixon's special assistant, so he wasn't a recruiting assistant. This is likely a step back up.

I'll say this, I think Herrion will be a better recruiter than Dollar because we were getting more traction that way towards the end, but I think reassembling his staff has potential because BG seemed to have finally realized the error of his ways in terms of offensive style, which turned off recruits. Herrion helped a lot with that.

Eeehhhhhh I dunno. Only thing he really did was give MGH the ball and say "GO"

Old dog, new tricks. I'll beleive it when I see it. The mere thought of him putting a staff back together that was just fired a year ago I think proves his reluctance to change. You're going to see the same **** product IMHO

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Eeehhhhhh I dunno. Only thing he really did was give MGH the ball and say "GO"

Old dog, new tricks. I'll beleive it when I see it. The mere thought of him putting a staff back together that was just fired a year ago I think proves his reluctance to change. You're going to see the same **** product IMHO

Well, I mean... WE aren't going to SEE it since I doubt either of us are going to be watching any USF games.

I agree that change in MGH's position is what turned the results around, but he talked up the new offensive mentality before the season and now he has the oppty to try and install it from day one.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Well, I mean... WE aren't going to SEE it since I doubt either of us are going to be watching any USF games.

I agree that change in MGH's position is what turned the results around, but he talked up the new offensive mentality before the season and now he has the oppty to try and install it from day one.

You know I almost said the exact same thing in my post.....

"WE won't see it per se"

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
You know I almost said the exact same thing in my post.....

"WE won't see it per se"

I'm sure they'll be on a random espn13 game where we'll catch the final minute or two. Thank our lucky stars we're not the team fighting their way to 47 points in the whole game.

Also I think, like I've always thought, that y'all vastly overrate this Herrion guy. Compared to guys like Dollar, he seemed like a godsend when in reality he's basically just an average asst coach.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I'm sure they'll be on a random espn13 game where we'll catch the final minute or two. Thank our lucky stars we're not the team fighting their way to 47 points in the whole game.

Also I think, like I've always thought, that y'all vastly overrate this Herrion guy. Compared to guys like Dollar, he seemed like a godsend when in reality he's basically just an average asst coach.

Yeah yeah......him and Tony Bennett...

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Simply saying someone is not overrated doesn't put them in the same class.

Tim Duncan is underrated
Enes Kanter is underrated

That doesn't mean Tim Duncan=Enes Kanter