Coaching Carousel 2 - A New Dawn

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Heavy VA bias? Has Smart fallen off your list, btw?

I don't like many college coaches that much. I do like Larranaga though. I have to hate him since it's UM, but yeah I like what he's got going.

I'm still a big Shaka fan. He's got a top notch recruiting class coming in and his younger guys should improve.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Wonder if our very own Tavares Hardy is in play for an assistant job at Georgetown given history there.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
And we thought it was important that GT hired good assistants for Pastner. :eek:

That is really the key for him. He has put in the time to know basketball coaching but recruiting, academics and running a program are foreign concepts. I think he gets over the Big John issue but he has need of a lot of luck - a LOT of luck. I will be rooting for him.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
I remember when one of the business mags (Forbes, Fortune, etc) did a list of top 50 over-rated cities in America. During the dot-com era, so late 90s / early 2000s.

#1) Austin
#2) Boston

they did agree Austin is a fun college city with great music scene, but they questioned the hook em nation for proclaiming it be all that and a bag o' nacho chips

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I remember when one of the business mags (Forbes, Fortune, etc) did a list of top 50 over-rated cities in America. During the dot-com era, so late 90s / early 2000s.

#1) Austin
#2) Boston

they did agree Austin is a fun college city with great music scene, but they questioned the hook em nation for proclaiming it be all that and a bag o' nacho chips

Yeah, that sounds like something Forbes or Fortune etc would say.