Coaches on the Hot Seat

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Drexel's choices dwindling ... jussayin'.

On an unrelated note, I do not envy Pitt right now. They better find a guy soon. Getting turned down, whether interest/offers are real or not, publicly by the Millers and now Howland will start to get kinda ugly. No one wants to appear to be begging.

Plus this by the Millers' dad, a well thought of HS coach in that area ...

http://triblive.com/sports/college/pitt/10189728-74/miller-pitt-coach
“The guy that was there (Dixon), he's been winning 25 games a year. He's done an unbelievable job. But, yet, they've been trying to get him out of there for four, five years. If you're the new guy coming in, I think you'd better look at that.”

LawTalkin Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
What about the UC Irvine guy, Russell Turner? he looks like the next Tony Bennett, both literally and figuratively. Maybe Pitt or Tech should call him. He isn't a west coast guy - from Virginia and was an asst. at Wake.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
What about the UC Irvine guy, Russell Turner? he looks like the next Tony Bennett, both literally and figuratively. Maybe Pitt or Tech should call him. He isn't a west coast guy - from Virginia and was an asst. at Wake.
Some think he could be a Pitt candidate because their new AD is a West Coast guy, but to your point, there's an East Coast fit.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

First thing that jumped to mind is that's Stanford's guy. The GoldenSt connection would be key there. Guy has done really well there. I wouldn't be mad if he walked through that door.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Archie's going to wait until just the right job opens (i'm thinking one of the blue bloods or maybe NCSU).

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
From a source

"Here is the deal........ we will make a move after this season if and only if MBOB can land his top choice. Discussions going on behind the scenes. It is a Big Name. If we can't get the deal done then Gregory stays with an extension with lower buy-out."

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
From a source

"Here is the deal........ we will make a move after this season if and only if MBOB can land his top choice. Discussions going on behind the scenes. It is a Big Name. If we can't get the deal done then Gregory stays with an extension with lower buy-out."

This post is quite an achievement.

My most favorite and least favorite post in the last 5 years.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
He's not necessarily my boy. I just, I dunno. There must be something about the guy I don't know. Which is obvious because I don't know him at all. Maybe he's a scum bag womanizing opium dope fiend I don't know. But I know he can recruit, and he can win in the SEC.

Do I want him at Tech? We could do worse (tee-hee) but ultimately not really. A school like Tulane or WKU would do well to give him a shot.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Sit tight St. Louis!

Sitting tight because Bryce Drew is the answer.

Dooley on 1st runner up.

Not a bad problem to have. St. Louis doing it the right way.

The rub here? Our success this season may prevent us from making a quality move. Chew on that for a bit.