Coaches on the Hot Seat

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I have mixed feelings about Fox. I think he is a good coach - not a great on, a good one. He sort of punches his weight when you look at his record.
He doesn't get upset alot, but doesn't upset others much. He is 2-5 in the NCAA Tourney and his only win over a higher seed is as a 9 over an 8.
He is 5-6 in SEC Tourneys with one win over a higher ranked team and one less to a lower ranked one.

He's solid. Frankly, UGA could do better (they could also do worse).
Right now they have a program that is likely to win 20 games a year and be in the bubble discussion every year. But probably not much better.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Fox staying at UGA is good for GT. He's an OK recruiter, and I don't think GT would be threatened by UGA for the duration of Fox's stay. He'll win just enough to not get fired, but not recruit well enough to make UGA a program, in my opinion, that they have the potential of being.

I think if Fox leaves, UGA has the capability to bring in a really good coach that can take advantage of UGA's resources and Georgia's basketball talent. I'm all for UGA giving Fox a lifetime contract.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Something to keep an eye on is some transition among assistant coaches at New Mexico and how it impacts Craig Neal's status, positively or negatively, as a future candidate for us.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Kind of an interesting development.

"Slice" is supposedly a pretty important figure on the recruiting trail for KY. A NY guy so should have an immediate impact for Mullin's recruiting efforts.

Also, this thread is morphing into the "Coaching News" thread.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Twitter is abuzz that the shoe might really drop for Billy Donovan this time. Could create interesting opptys.

LawTalkin Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I hope Donovan follows through this time. Florida can only hire 1 of those candidates, leaving plenty for us in the future to not be able to afford. I'm more interested in what might shake loose from their current recruiting class. Namely Keith Stone & Noah Dickerson.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Looks like this is close to official.. Apparently Donovan has informed them he is gone. Wonder if Dickerson will open up, and if so, would we be in a position to scoop him up?

According to someone I feel would have a good idea, we dropped the ball the first time around, but would likely have a shot if we pushed.

Someone get Mamadou on the phone with Keith Stone's AAU coach.

Chattjacket

Georgia Tech Fan

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
SVP and Rusillo said it best

Right now Donovan is like the kid that get a BMW Convertible for his 16th birthday.

"That's your first car? Really?"

Techster

Helluva Engineer
A coach would be dumb to not make that move. That roster at OKC...yikes.

You have arguably 2 of the top 5-10 best players in the NBA in Durant and Westbrook. On top of that, you don't have to spend all your extra time recruiting anymore because it's the NBA!!!

Donovan's only problem now is whether Oklahoma has enough hair product in that state.

On another note, one of the best steaks I've ever had was in Tulsa, Oklahoma. So there's that.