Coach Paul Johnson Appreciation Thread

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Thank you Coach Johnson, your defeats of ugag make you my favorite GT coach ever, 2008 was one for the ages and ended a long seemingly endless and hopeless losing streak. I also happen to think that you did a great job coaching this years team to a bowl after such a rough start, I thoroughly enjoyed the VT, UNC, UM, and UVA wins. Thank you!

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
As someone who is also " retired ", there is something to be said for going out on your own terms. Many of us stay past our expiration date and end up being remembered as a sad shell of our former selves. Kind of reminds me of when Dodd retired. He had seen changes in the college game that were seismic in his day. I think CPJ might realize that the way things are moving now , there is very little chance of an " old school " approach being successful at a high level.
Like Sinatra sang , I think CPJ can say " I did it my way "! Best wishes to him for a long and relaxing retirement . Work on your golf game- not that you need to very much !!

bennyjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Paul Johnson came to Tech 1 year before I did. Coming to Tech from SWGA, I didn't care much about football, mainly because I was surrounded by UGA and FSU idiots. However, my roommates convinced me to get season tickets my freshman year and it turned out to be one of the best decisions of my life! My first ever CFB game was the season opener against Clemson. I will never forget that game. CJ spiller was a one man army but he wasn't enough to beat a Tech team that escaped that day with some weird pass play to DT that caught everyone off guard. That was just the first memory. There are plenty more.

Paul Johnsons offense always kept me entertained. Win or lose. It was entertaining. No other coach has the balls to go for it on 4th down as much as we do. If there was a small chance to win the game or risk getting blow out, we went for it on 4th. Because thats what "Big Balls" Paul does.

So I want to take this post to say thanks to CPJ. It was a helluva run. **** the haters.

We will be lucky to get a coach that has half the balls Paul does.

I hope Tech will excel in football with the next coach, but its hard to be optimistic in the CFB landscape.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Paul Johnson came to Tech 1 year before I did. Coming to Tech from SWGA, I didn't care much about football, mainly because I was surrounded by UGA and FSU idiots. However, my roommates convinced me to get season tickets my freshman year and it turned out to be one of the best decisions of my life! My first ever CFB game was the season opener against Clemson. I will never forget that game. CJ spiller was a one man army but he wasn't enough to beat a Tech team that escaped that day with some weird pass play to DT that caught everyone off guard. That was just the first memory. There are plenty more.

Paul Johnsons offense always kept me entertained. Win or lose. It was entertaining. No other coach has the balls to go for it on 4th down as much as we do. If there was a small chance to win the game or risk getting blow out, we went for it on 4th. Because thats what "Big Balls" Paul does.

So I want to take this post to say thanks to CPJ. It was a helluva run. **** the haters.

I hope Tech will excel in football with the next coach, but its hard to be optimistic in the CFB landscape.
Good post , but I hope we can fine someone with 2 balls.

Yoda

Helluva Engineer

Exactly!!