Coach Paul Johnson Appreciation Thread

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I know that we have the CPJ retiring thread, but he deserves this one. Thank you CPJ for giving us some unbelievable moments during your time here. The Orange Bowl in 2014, beating ugag and ending the streak in 2008, the shocking home upsets over top 10 teams, and the ACC championship in 2009. These were just the highlights and most importantly, thank you for leaving Tech football in better shape than what you found it in.
Thank you CPJ!! You will be missed!!

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
I know that we have the CPJ retiring thread, but he deserves this one. Thank you CPJ for giving us some unbelievable moments during your time here. The Orange Bowl in 2014, beating ugag and ending the streak in 2008, the shocking home upsets over top 10 teams, and the ACC championship in 2009. These were just the highlights and most importantly, thank you for leaving Tech football in better shape than what you found it in.
Thank you CPJ!! You will be missed!!

I enjoyed the CPJ years. 2008, 2009, 2014, and 2016 in particular were fun years. He’s a great coach.

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
Thanks for making GT football fun to watch again. Thanks for the entertainment with the media - so many laughs! Thanks for always giving us a chance against so many teams and for the fun memories of plays like the kick and the pick, Miracle on Techwood, Orange Bowl, etc. Thanks for making the option such a great "option" for teams like GT - keeping it relevant and being such a fantastic in-game coach. Thanks for understanding GT - the institution, the players, and the crazy fan base. Thanks for making your players a TEAM and not relying on a few stars. Thanks for insisting kids in the program want to be at Tech and want to graduate. Thanks for developing them into fine young men. This, above all else, is why you were such a great fit and will be sorely missed.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I will miss watching the option. Will have to adopt one of his coaching tree (unless we get someone to run something similar here).

As for the heath of the program moving forward I hope we get someone who has a similar commitment to doing things the right way, graduating players and developing the future leaders of tomorrow. Coach was a legend here, and will be missed.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Loved having a 40+ yard run on 3 and 2 after runs of 4 yards on first and second down. Never knew when that A-Back would sprint down the seam for a big reception. Followed him from the real GSU in Statesboro and was thrilled when he got the call to be at Tech. Sad day, one filled with memories of many exciting plays, wins and upsets!