Coach Johnson expressed interest in Tennessee's vacancy in November

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Um I think three ACC Coastal Championships, an ACC Championship and an Orange Bowl victory pretty much demonstrates his offense is quite dangerous. If it was not why do teams dedicate 30 plus % of practice to it. Why do coaches, like Malzahn come visit CPJ and study his offense.

Then explain how / why so many Tech fans....who should be better informed on the issue than most...deride it so much to this day?

Then outside the program...the same old dumb generalizations and mischaracterizations continue?

That would go away if he were to go to a factory.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Paul makes over 2 million a year and is 60 years old. He has made plenty of money throughout his coaching career. If everyone thought like that. Miami would no longer have a football program and Va Tech would not be considered what they are today without Beamer. Sure money is awesome I love it. But who wants to be another Saban at Alabama? Why not build your own legacy.

I never said those things are what drive the man. I don’t know him personally at all. The fact he remains at Tech indicates his philosophies are probably in line with your own to some extent.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
If Coach Johnson does not have a better record this season he may be really looking for a job. I don't think Stansbury is going to wait to make a change if he does not see progress.

As far as CPJ's loyalty, he does not have that. He has always referred to Georgia Tech as they and not as we. If you notice he uses that term to compare his record at Tech to previous coaches. I think that is standard in 90% of people that work for a living now a days. Loyalty has become a rare commodity.

I feel the same about Coach Johnson. He is being paid to do a job. If he does it well, he will be kept and rewarded, if not we will move on and look for someone who can do a better job.

Go Jackets!

Then explain how / why so many Tech fans....who should be better informed on the issue than most...deride it so much to this day?

Then outside the program...the same old dumb generalizations and mischaracterizations continue?

That would go away if he were to go to a factory.

I don't know of many Tech fans that deride it, except those on Social Media. Also I would guess that the Tech fans that do not like it are young fans that have not experienced a lot of Tech Football nor do they truly understand football.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
nvm

The problem is that, as I posted earlier in the week, the margin for error is razor thin. We may improve, but still not show more wins...so does that actually count as improvement? We will see...but I think we at least have him for 3 more seasons. After that, who knows...
To coaches, yes. To fans, no. We are hapless captives to the stat line: W-L. Two years ago Army had a good year and expected better things in 2016. They lost 10 games.
I concur.
You think that was a mistake, but I am practicing for politics.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I don't know of many Tech fans that deride it, except those on Social Media. Also I would guess that the Tech fans that do not like it are young fans that have not experienced a lot of Tech Football nor do they truly understand football.

No. I’ve had a lot of face to face interactions with middle aged and older fans who think our problem is the O. Just my experience.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
If Coach Johnson does not have a better record this season he may be really looking for a job. I don't think Stansbury is going to wait to make a change if he does not see progress.

As far as CPJ's loyalty, he does not have that. He has always referred to Georgia Tech as they and not as we. If you notice he uses that term to compare his record at Tech to previous coaches. I think that is standard in 90% of people that work for a living now a days. Loyalty has become a rare commodity.

I feel the same about Coach Johnson. He is being paid to do a job. If he does it well, he will be kept and rewarded, if not we will move on and look for someone who can do a better job.

Go Jackets!

2018 It's Time!
GO JACKETS.

Coach could help with PR as he is a witty guy. Before warm ups we see him sit on side line waiting for interviews. He will engage a security guard to make small talk and within a few seconds the guy will be laughing.
I would pay him by the joke or funny story. Dont be Dabo or talky talky jimbo fisher, but SHOW FOLKS u LOVE coaching at gt.
I have big hopes that we beat 2 of vt, miami, clem , uga and kick it with coastal.

The conversations are usually kinda short. 5-10 minutes or so. But they will usually just cite a coach who is succeeding that particular year and cite that. And usually express a desire for more passing.
So what you are saying is .....they don't know anything about football. I do no some folks who don't like our offense and call it a high school offense.......and they are Georgia fans.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer

Go Jackets!

I’m not sure I agree with this. I think CPJ is glad to be at Tech. He took it upon himself, and against orders from MBob, to contact alumni and shill for money. CPJ is why we have a new locker room.

I think he would like Tech to WANT to field a great team. But they don’t. (Referring to the Hill here.) I think he’s doing the best he can with what he has to work with.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
The conversations are usually kinda short. 5-10 minutes or so. But they will usually just cite a coach who is succeeding that particular year and cite that. And usually express a desire for more passing.

No less than Lou Holtz described the TO has the best offense, period. But ... he also said, you won’t be able to recruit a pro style QB nor the O Line. So, it’s a trade off. Still, if you cannot compete with a factory school .. it levels the playing field.

Personally, I think it suits Tech for this day and age.

No less than Lou Holtz described the TO has the best offense, period. But ... he also said, you won’t be able to recruit a pro style QB nor the O Line. So, it’s a trade off. Still, if you cannot compete with a factory school .. it levels the playing field.

Personally, I think it suits Tech for this day and age.
And as I say about pro-style quarterbacks, when is the last quarterback we sent to the NFL that actually played...........never......unless you count Rick Strom stepping in at Pitt due to injuries.

2018 It's Time!
GO JACKETS.

Coach could help with PR as he is a witty guy. Before warm ups we see him sit on side line waiting for interviews. He will engage a security guard to make small talk and within a few seconds the guy will be laughing.
I would pay him by the joke or funny story. Dont be Dabo or talky talky jimbo fisher, but SHOW FOLKS u LOVE coaching at gt.
I have big hopes that we beat 2 of vt, miami, clem , uga and kick it with coastal.
Before warm ups we see him sit on side line waiting for interviews.
That's because most interviewers don't have a clue how to conduct a real interview, and end up being turned off by his well-earned sarcasm, if not indifference to their often stupid questions.

Milwaukee

Banned
Johnson would win national titles at any of the teams that recruit themselves a la Tenn, Aub, Neb, SoCal, etc. He's not a strong recruiter, that's the only weakness imo. I just wish the haters would at least be fair. Don't just say his offense is **** and outdated and won't work without acknowledging what he would do with Clemson's, SoCal's, or Tenn's roster (their roster isn't as bad as some of you TN cats are making it out). The dude is one of the best coaches in college football, he just can't recruit worth a damn. That's the true story and there's really no grey area about it.