Coach’s radio show

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Well, considering he isnt even going to be judged on wins and losses the first 2 years and has a 7 year deal, he is here 5 years, minimum. Gregory got that long and Pastner will likely get that long, too. We aren't Tennessee with its endless coaching turnover. Ya'll need to give this man a fair shot. With enough financial support, he is gonna take us places.

So, he already has a built-in excuse for failure? If he does not succeed, it won't be his fault, but it will be the limited financial support, even if he gets much more than CPJ? hmmmmm......he really has won the hearts of so many. He will succeed, or it will not be his fault. I hope he succeeds either way, but it will be to his credit or his FAILURE, one way or the other. Paul Johnson was to blame for 3 wins when that happened, not the lack of support.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Well, considering he isnt even going to be judged on wins and losses the first 2 years and has a 7 year deal, he is here 5 years, minimum. Gregory got that long and Pastner will likely get that long, too. We aren't Tennessee with its endless coaching turnover. Ya'll need to give this man a fair shot. With enough financial support, he is gonna take us places.
Geoff Collins wont survive past the 2020 UGAG game if GT is 1-11 in 2019 and 1-11 in 2020

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
I won't like this, because I don't like it, but I will say it was my fear from the start. I realize it is too early to know for sure, but I am concerned, because I have seen this personality at work so many times. All talk, but no results. Again, CGC may not be that in the long term, but after Saturday, my concerns are only magnified. GT has to have a brilliant head coach OR brilliant coordinators; it is the only way.

Well I don’t like it either. I hope I’m wrong and can later say that he’s all that he’s built himself up to be. But I really am starting to feel like this is a con. We just had a monumental loss. Historic level loss. And to make a drastic change in schedule to appear in a radio show that you weren’t scheduled to be on initially sounds like a sincere thing. Like he wants to get in front of (and stay I front of) the fans and make sure they are ok. Without fans coming to the games and buying GT gear and swag, none of this works anyway. But then to get on the show and literally act as if nothing bad has happened at all...why bother? Is it just another attempt to use catch phrases and sweet talk your way out of it?

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
You know, I just can't bring myself to listen to these anymore... I tried listening to the first one and couldn't get past the first half hour... I enjoyed them before because you never knew when you were going to get some humorous anecdote or some interesting nugget of information. That first one was like sitting through a sales pitch. Maybe they will get better later, and I will try again, but it doesn't sound like they have changed yet...

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
We really talking about the endgame for Coach Collins after game 3? We are really doing that? Especially given what he has to deal with? We probably start 3 walkons on the OL the rest of the year. Deep breaths, ya'll. This is a marathon and we aren't even off the blocks.
I haven't seen a team that seemed like it has more problems that this one in a very long time and that bodes very badly for the future in my opinion.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
If Collins can't see that Tobias can pretty more consistently move the team down the field better than Lucas, then he's a damn fool.
Are you in favor of a Clemson game plan for the rest of the year? I don’t think the TD pass to Camp works against P5. I’ve seen drive inconsistency out of all 3 so far. I guess that makes me a damn fool too.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I haven't seen a team that seemed like it has more problems that this one in a very long time and that bodes very badly for the future in my opinion.

Many of them he inherited. No judgments until he gets his players. Every coach deserves that. Ya'll can't really think every game is gonna be like the last one.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Who do you think GT will beat the remainder of the season?

It *could* happen this year, but I dont think it will. Next year, no way, even against a tough schedule. Roster is going to look a lot different as soon as next year. We will win some games.

Bigtime transfers will be eligible, our freshmen with a year in the system and strength program, and probably the best class we have had in a decade coming in.

white coffey

Georgia Tech Fan

That’s the rub. Feels like he knows he has a free pass. All of us fans are just flies in the ointment. Sure acted like that in the pressers. Like it or not, nobody gets a free pass to lose to an FCS school.

Many of them he inherited. No judgments until he gets his players. Every coach deserves that. Ya'll can't really think every game is gonna be like the last one.
A coach HAS to be able to coach the players he has at any time, not the players he may get in the future. So far, he has not shown an ability to coach those he has. And, based on the 2nd and 3rd games, I am afraid I really do think the remaining games will be like them, UNLESS HE CHANGES HIS OFFENSIVE COACHING PHILOSOPHY.