Coach’s radio show

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Wait until we get more 4 stars...Although we do have 4 stars already sprinkled throughout our defense and a 4 star quarterback who plays depending on what personality coach P currently has. Oh and a 4 star "program changing" running back who is 5th on the depth chart. Smh

What are 4 stars gonna do if the coaches don’t know what to do with them? Dance better? Ask Tennessee fans under Jones or FSU fans under Taggart what 4 stars and crappy coaches get you.

ATL is not a guarantee of playing time or a share of the reps. JP Mason is getting the majority of plays. If a QB can separate, then we can’t assume we will continue to see the shuffle. ATL simply means that you are good enough to help us on the field.
IMO Tobias Oliver separated himself from Lucas Johnson in the Clemson game. James Graham is still more-or-less an unknown quantity, and with his foot in a boot last Saturday, he may remain an unknown quantity for Temple as well.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Missed the show, but I take it there was a lot of juice and relentless positivity, in other words, Coach being himself. He ain't gonna change because of one bad loss. Getting the job means he gets to do it his way, just like anyone else. ATL, Juice Crew and Money down is here to stay.

I dont really care about him publicly addressing fan concerns. That is more the ADs job. Few coaches actually give the public much of anything, previous one included. If you have researched him at all, you would know he is addressing things in the locker room where it counts.

OK, Smoke, but he did not have to cancel his original plans to be on the show tonight to do that. We all know that spiel already. It was like he thought GT fans that are upset would just be happy he was saying his normal stuff after that loss.

And, TStan, who was on the show, was even less forthcoming about the magnitude of the loss.

GTFLETCH

Banned
I don't really care if he alienates fans in the short term as long as he is winning recruits in the long term. If he builds a winning program the fans will be there.
What Big time recruits do we have this year??? It looks about the same as always...One or 2 4-stars and a bunch of 3 stars..... I really do not see recruiting talent increase on the O/Dlines...

What I do see is a highly ranked DB (sims) DE/WR/S sitting a year and then playing next year... I am more excited to see those guys... I am still waiting on CBK to land his first 4 Star lineman.....& CDP 4 Star QB.... Looks like that Gleason kid is not playing well and will stay at 3 stars.. I was hoping that a lot of the high three stars would be bumped to 4 stars... We will see

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Exactly! It was like he thought just by being there, talking about the same ole stuff was enough to satisfy everyone. He did not have to show passion about the loss or making sure we know that he will never allow that again (loss to bad FCS).

I feel like we are dealing with a car salesman here. He’s taken us on 3 test drives and the wheels have fallen off the car each time, but all he keeps talking about is how good the sound system is and how high performing the engine is. So what?? The damn car doesn’t run.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
What Big time recruits do we have this year??? It looks about the same as always...One or 2 4-stars and a bunch of 3 stars..... I really do not see recruiting talent increase on the O/Dlines...

What I do see is a highly ranked DB (sims) DE/WR/S sitting a year and then playing next year... I am more excited to see those guys... I am still waiting on CBK to land his first 4 Star lineman.....& CDP 4 Star QB.... Looks like that Gleason kid is not playing well and will stay at 3 stars.. I was hoping that a lot of the high three stars would be bumped to 4 stars... We will see
I don't have answers. I didn't expect recruiting to immediately be better year one since most kids are being courted for years. Hopefully coach is busting his butt. He has a seven year contract, so he is going to have ample time to verify if his culture is right.

Eli

Helluva Engineer

We need more qbs to rotate gotta keep Gleason in this class

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I feel like we are dealing with a car salesman here. He’s taken us on 3 test drives and the wheels have fallen off the car each time, but all he keeps talking about is how good the sound system is and how high performing the engine is. So what?? The damn car doesn’t run.

I won't like this, because I don't like it, but I will say it was my fear from the start. I realize it is too early to know for sure, but I am concerned, because I have seen this personality at work so many times. All talk, but no results. Again, CGC may not be that in the long term, but after Saturday, my concerns are only magnified. GT has to have a brilliant head coach OR brilliant coordinators; it is the only way.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Missed the show, but I take it there was a lot of juice and relentless positivity, in other words, Coach being himself. He ain't gonna change because of one bad loss. Getting the job means he gets to do it his way, just like anyone else. ATL, Juice Crew and Money down is here to stay.

I dont really care about him publicly addressing fan concerns. That is more the ADs job. Few coaches actually give the public much of anything, previous one included. If you have researched him at all, you would know he is addressing things in the locker room where it counts.

Here to stay until he’s gone.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
OK, Smoke, but he did not have to cancel his original plans to be on the show tonight to do that. We all know that spiel already. It was like he thought GT fans that are upset would just be happy he was saying his normal stuff after that loss.

And, TStan, who was on the show, was even less forthcoming about the magnitude of the loss.

Devils advocate......damage control?

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
IMO Tobias Oliver separated himself from Lucas Johnson in the Clemson game. James Graham is still more-or-less an unknown quantity, and with his foot in a boot last Saturday, he may remain an unknown quantity for Temple as well.
I meant when a QB can separate in the coaches eyes. That hasn’t happened yet.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Devils advocate......damage control?

I guess, but for those of us who think Saturday was a travesty of historical proportions, this "damage control" only made us more angry, because we did not feel like they understood how unacceptable this was, almost like they thought we should believe it is just to be expected with the transition, to lose to an FCS team, a BAD FCS team.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Here to stay until he’s gone.

Well, considering he isnt even going to be judged on wins and losses the first 2 years and has a 7 year deal, he is here 5 years, minimum. Gregory got that long and Pastner will likely get that long, too. We aren't Tennessee with its endless coaching turnover. Ya'll need to give this man a fair shot. With enough financial support, he is gonna take us places.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Well, considering he isnt even going to be judged on wins and losses the first 2 years and has a 7 year deal, he is here 5 years, minimum. Gregory got that long and Pastner will likely get that long, too. We aren't Tennessee with its endless coaching turnover. Ya'll need to give this man a fair shot. With enough financial support, he is gonna take us places.
He gets two years.... the Third year if he is still losing to FCS schools I can see a scenario where he gets canned!! I am still hoping that he is the second coming of George O'leary trained under various SEC Coaches.... But we will see...

Considering the current state of the entire Ga Tech athletics program, Tech may not have time to give him a "fair shot". He needs at least to show minimum signs of improvement from now till the end of the year or he will likely lose more fans, more money, more games, and more recruits.