Clinton Lynch going pro

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
There are two ways of looking at this if you are Chubb. One is that this year is a deep year for running backs and he has probably been told he is out of the first or second round. The other is that I don't really think he is 100%. In his case, it is probably a good idea to come back. Michel, well he is a different deal altogether. If he gets hurt next year, he will rue this decision. Skill players and especially running backs have little to gain and much to lose by staying another year. Just my humble opinion. I am sure they have "expert" advice to counsel them.

I can buy any of those reasons and probably 10 more. I am not saying it is a defacto bad decision to come back. Just that if his real reason is he saw GT players planting pieces of the hedges at midfield then he made a really bad decision. And any of the expert advisors who I am sure are around him are not doing their job of making him go through rational thought. The experts also allowed him to look pretty dumb in saying that was his decision criteria.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Wasn't uga supposed to win the championship in 1981,82,83,84,85,86,87,88,89,90,91,92,93,94,95,96..... hopefully i made my point.
Nah this year was a rebuilding year after week 3 according to the AJC cause richt only recruited top 15 classes for them for the last decade the cupboard was literally empty for Kirby blah blah blah

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
UGA must have Stinchcomb and co. coming back to play OLine because they are losing 3 OL off of a bad line. Add on top of of that they still dont have a impact WR. Might as well get paid if they are going to take the punishment they again next season

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
UGA must have Stinchcomb and co. coming back to play OLine because they are losing 3 OL off of a bad line. Add on top of of that they still dont have a impact WR. Might as well get paid if they are going to take the punishment they again next season
They do have some OL recruits coming in that could make an impact right away, but I like that your insinuating that they won't have a good OL and hope for it lol.

Look I respect Chubb but the fact is since his injury he looks slower. Yes I know he gained a bunch of yards this season but most came against weak opposition. He may never make it as a pro.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I apologize, half-heartedly, about the thread title. My thought was, yea this'll get a rise, and then hopefully folks will see how ridiculous the title is in light of the subject matter.

Let's be real. This announcement today was a show by UGA, Kirby and its players. The facts? Four marginal NFL talents got on a stage, presumably because their egos have been barked up ever since their 4 and 5 star labels in HS, and sought attention/felt it was warranted to hold a press conference to state their intentions to return. It was a failed spectacle in an attempt to energize the fan base.

Don't forget, these are the 4 and 5 star talents that made up the dawgs "bare cupboard", that in turn lost to a bunch of 2 and 3 star players at GT. And we're not their rival. Let's be very clear about that, despite the now outward anxiety in the fan base, there is still an absurd amount of rationalization about their place in college football and an undeserved sense of entitlement across the program.

On the other end of the spectrum, here's 2* Clinton Lynch (and 3* Qua Searcy, 3* Pat Gamble, 2* PJ Davis, etc.) who went toe to toe with greatest talent since sliced bread, because SEC, measurables and speeeeed. 5* Lorenzo Carter, a HS teammate of Clinton Lynch, made an announcement today. In it he implied, along with Chubb and the others, that his decision to come back is at least partially driven by the desire to hopefully get to .500 against GT for his career. Think about that.

I'm not getting ahead of myself about next year. Realistically COFH will be another 50/50 shot as it's been for most of its recent history. For now, we run this state. And our guys have done more than win 2 of 3 against the mutts. The greatest outcome in my mind and in my life is that our guys have re-instilled fear and anger across the entire dawg program and fan base.

With that I am going to tweak and troll away. And when the dawgs hold press conferences that are more in line with a comedy routine, and one that juxtaposes against everything GT stands for, they are going to get called out. I don't expect everyone to agree with it, but for the next 11+ months I'm going to take advantage of the opportunities when they're served on a silver britches platter.

northgajacket

Banned
I apologize, half-heartedly, about the thread title. My thought was, yea this'll get a rise, and then hopefully folks will see how ridiculous the title is in light of the subject matter.

Let's be real. This announcement today was a show by UGA, Kirby and its players. The facts? Four marginal NFL talents got on a stage, presumably because their egos have been barked up ever since their 4 and 5 star labels in HS, and sought attention/felt it was warranted to hold a press conference to state their intentions to return. It was a failed spectacle in an attempt to energize the fan base.

Don't forget, these are the 4 and 5 star talents that made up the dawgs "bare cupboard", that in turn lost to a bunch of 2 and 3 star players at GT. And we're not their rival. Let's be very clear about that, despite the now outward anxiety in the fan base, there is still an absurd amount of rationalization about their place in college football and an undeserved sense of entitlement across the program.

On the other end of the spectrum, here's 2* Clinton Lynch (and 3* Qua Searcy, 3* Pat Gamble, 2* PJ Davis, etc.) who went toe to toe with greatest talent since sliced bread, because SEC, measurables and speeeeed. 5* Lorenzo Carter, a HS teammate of Clinton Lynch, made an announcement today. In it he implied, along with Chubb and the others, that his decision to come back is at least partially driven by the desire to hopefully get to .500 against GT for his career. Think about that.

I'm not getting ahead of myself about next year. Realistically COFH will be another 50/50 shot as it's been for most of its recent history. For now, we run this state. And our guys have done more than win 2 of 3 against the mutts. The greatest outcome in my mind and in my life is that our guys have re-instilled fear and anger across the entire dawg program and fan base.

With that I am going to tweak and troll away. And when the dawgs hold press conferences that are more in line with a comedy routine, and one that juxtaposes against everything GT stands for, they are going to get called out. I don't expect everyone to agree with it, but for the next 11+ months I'm going to take advantage of the opportunities when they're served on a silver britches platter.

kind of sad... okay maybe not

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
He won't make it to COFH. He will be injured again by week 7.

This is my prediction as well. I think Chubbs has just proven himself to be a freaking idiot- any college RB that has a legit chance to get drafted in any round should jump on that. he's damaged goods, if he gets hurt again nobody is going to want him. Kirby already fricked him over by bringing him back too soon, gonna use him up and run his *** into the dirt next season

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
That "bad line" just pushed us around pretty good. In a historical sense, though, that OL of theirs was not one of their better ones. I get your point.