Clinton Lynch going pro

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I apologize, half-heartedly, about the thread title. My thought was, yea this'll get a rise, and then hopefully folks will see how ridiculous the title is in light of the subject matter.

Let's be real. This announcement today was a show by UGA, Kirby and its players. The facts? Four marginal NFL talents got on a stage, presumably because their egos have been barked up ever since their 4 and 5 star labels in HS, and sought attention/felt it was warranted to hold a press conference to state their intentions to return. It was a failed spectacle in an attempt to energize the fan base.

Don't forget, these are the 4 and 5 star talents that made up the dawgs "bare cupboard", that in turn lost to a bunch of 2 and 3 star players at GT. And we're not their rival. Let's be very clear about that, despite the now outward anxiety in the fan base, there is still an absurd amount of rationalization about their place in college football and an undeserved sense of entitlement across the program.

On the other end of the spectrum, here's 2* Clinton Lynch (and 3* Qua Searcy, 3* Pat Gamble, 2* PJ Davis, etc.) who went toe to toe with greatest talent since sliced bread, because SEC, measurables and speeeeed. 5* Lorenzo Carter, a HS teammate of Clinton Lynch, made an announcement today. In it he implied, along with Chubb and the others, that his decision to come back is at least partially driven by the desire to hopefully get to .500 against GT for his career. Think about that.

I'm not getting ahead of myself about next year. Realistically COFH will be another 50/50 shot as it's been for most of its recent history. For now, we run this state. And our guys have done more than win 2 of 3 against the mutts. The greatest outcome in my mind and in my life is that our guys have re-instilled fear and anger across the entire dawg program and fan base.

With that I am going to tweak and troll away. And when the dawgs hold press conferences that are more in line with a comedy routine, and one that juxtaposes against everything GT stands for, they are going to get called out. I don't expect everyone to agree with it, but for the next 11+ months I'm going to take advantage of the opportunities when they're served on a silver britches platter.

Preach it brother! I'm gonna make a Tshirt for next year that says "GT 3stars > mutt 5stars......3/4 = not our biggest rival"

Techster

Helluva Engineer
What the F....

C'mon man! Don't be messing with my boy CL. He's still got a LOT of big plays left in him on the Flats. Don't be joking about this.

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck
I apologize, half-heartedly, about the thread title. My thought was, yea this'll get a rise, and then hopefully folks will see how ridiculous the title is in light of the subject matter.

Let's be real. This announcement today was a show by UGA, Kirby and its players. The facts? Four marginal NFL talents got on a stage, presumably because their egos have been barked up ever since their 4 and 5 star labels in HS, and sought attention/felt it was warranted to hold a press conference to state their intentions to return. It was a failed spectacle in an attempt to energize the fan base.

Don't forget, these are the 4 and 5 star talents that made up the dawgs "bare cupboard", that in turn lost to a bunch of 2 and 3 star players at GT. And we're not their rival. Let's be very clear about that, despite the now outward anxiety in the fan base, there is still an absurd amount of rationalization about their place in college football and an undeserved sense of entitlement across the program.

On the other end of the spectrum, here's 2* Clinton Lynch (and 3* Qua Searcy, 3* Pat Gamble, 2* PJ Davis, etc.) who went toe to toe with greatest talent since sliced bread, because SEC, measurables and speeeeed. 5* Lorenzo Carter, a HS teammate of Clinton Lynch, made an announcement today. In it he implied, along with Chubb and the others, that his decision to come back is at least partially driven by the desire to hopefully get to .500 against GT for his career. Think about that.

I'm not getting ahead of myself about next year. Realistically COFH will be another 50/50 shot as it's been for most of its recent history. For now, we run this state. And our guys have done more than win 2 of 3 against the mutts. The greatest outcome in my mind and in my life is that our guys have re-instilled fear and anger across the entire dawg program and fan base.

With that I am going to tweak and troll away. And when the dawgs hold press conferences that are more in line with a comedy routine, and one that juxtaposes against everything GT stands for, they are going to get called out. I don't expect everyone to agree with it, but for the next 11+ months I'm going to take advantage of the opportunities when they're served on a silver britches platter.
Can't like this enough.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Let's put aside the fact that it's Georgia for a minute and just think about the circumstances of Chubb...

This guy is stupid for coming back. He's not going to become a better football player with one extra year in college at this point, and running backs (even very good ones) don't typically go as high drafts picks any more these days unless they are far and above everyone else. I'm pretty sure if Chubb left right now he'd go in third round somewhere and he'd do just fine. Now he's going to go back to Georgia for another 8-win season and another second or third place finish the SEC East while risking another injury that would severely impact his draft status...all after he's already blew out his knee. Strange, strange decision...

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Let me say this about Chubb, he does come from a good family who is serious about education (I know, I know uga and all that) but it's the truth in this specific case. Brother is at the AF Academy and sister is is in college as well. I agree he should come out this year for self protection but I don't discount he truly wants to finish his degree (or as close as he can prior to next years draft).

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Let me say this about Chubb, he does come from a good family who is serious about education (I know, I know uga and all that) but it's the truth in this specific case. Brother is at the AF Academy and sister is is in college as well. I agree he should come out this year for self protection but I don't discount he truly wants to finish his degree (or as close as he can prior to next years draft).

Yeah, I get it...that's great and all, but the minimum rookie salary in the NFL is $450,000/year. Dude's going to make the team wherever he ends up. If he values the education that much, he can always go back and finish that last year with the $1,000,000 he makes in the first two years...

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, I get it...that's great and all, but the minimum rookie salary in the NFL is $450,000/year. Dude's going to make the team wherever he ends up. If he values the education that much, he can always go back and finish that last year with the $1,000,000 he makes in the first two years...

Did you not read what I wrote?

I agree he should come out this year for self protection..............

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

You couldn't see me, but I gave you a standing O. (y)

ETA: Also, I agree with those that say this was basically 4 guys who aren't gonna be highly-selected in the draft. Need for an announcement? Prolly nah.

ETA: And furthermore, aren't these the same empty-cupboard guys all the dawg fans said would be easily replaced by Kirbstompd's recruiting?

Last edited:

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
If Nesbitt, Dwyer, Morgan, Burnette, and Thomas had done something like this we would have celebrated from the rooftops. And, I sure would like to have seen the result.

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
Probably a good decision for all but Michel. He's a mid round pick, might as well use some tread in the NFL instead of the SEC. He's really a complete RB. He might flip.
Chubb's year while Gurley hasnt had 100 yards in 15 games sent Chubb down the list. Deep year for RB, so it makes sense he'd want to come back and show the knee has healed.
Carter is overrated so who cares.
I 100% agree about Carter

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
First of all, what a joke! Chubb and these other chumps clearly realized they wouldn't get drafted high after their lackluster season. Secondly, it makes for a nice story for the gullible fanbase to lap up.

Most of all, can somebody please confirm or deny the part about the flag? A witness who was actually present in Sanford stadium please. We saw the article with the sensationalized hedge-destruction headline so don't refer to that. Videos I've seen show a simple midfield celebration waving the flag around before the team moved over to sing Ramblin' Wreck with the band, flag in hand. Sure the butthurt over the souvenir twigs is well documented & ridiculous, but is the flag part even have any truth to it?

Oh and good one Cuse. :jawdrop:(y)