Clemson Postgame Discussion

Kareem

Banned
A few things before I get back on the road:

1) you guys are hilarious

2) This was by far Taquan worst game. He made his mind up early that he was not pitching or not even give our WRs a chance to make a play.

3 I chuckle everytime I see the short passing comment. What room is there to throw when there is 8 or 9 in the box? It’s the logic of not throwing on the 2 yd line. It’s not many windows to in and area is constricted.

3) With that being said, we do need a passing game and not just have one guy to be the focal point. There needs a be true commitment on a 70/30 team

4) I feel bad for our Olineman. A lot of the blown up plays are created by their alignment and splits. Clemson DLine was simply just jumping in the gaps knowing would not be able to make the block.

5) I really wish our OL and Abacks use the cut block only when necessary. Clemson literally ran thru cut blocks and got outside to the play.

6) Please stop calling for MJ. One game shouldn’t shorten TMs leash on this team and offense. You guys like dysfunction way too much for my liking. There only needs to be one voice that huddle
Mathew Jordon should have come in in the 2nd qtr

southernhive

Jolly Good Fellow
This game reminded me of the LSU game in the 2008 Chick-fil-a bowl, except for the fake punt at the end of the game. Dabo has class.

zhavenor

Jolly Good Fellow
I feel like if some of these posters were our coach we'd have absolutely no identity and Brenton king would be the starting quarterback by the end of the season
Wait are you telling me Brenton King is not going to be the starting QB at the end of the season? I have lost all hope now.:)

Animal02

Banned
For everyone saying this is expected and acceptable, shame on you. Defense played pretty darn good against a very talented team. If you write off the short field TD they played great.

I'm severely frustrated with Johnson because once again he proves how blindingly stubborn he is. I'm not sure how many times he has to have Venables hand his butt to him before he tries something different AT THE START of the game. We should have come with a different game plan.

It was unfortunate it took so long and even more unfortunate that then a few plays later that Jordan got hurt. But we finally, finally narrowed our line splits and put in a QB who wasn't lost and hey, miraculously we started making hay. But, we waited SO long to do this. Why? Why is Johnson so stubborn that he's gonna keep Taquon in the game when Taquon is CLEARLY lost and having a horrible game.

We should have tried to let Taquon do more run and shoot the way Syracuse won throwing, or even better let Jordan get all the QB1 reps in practice and focus on executing the inside run game.
So when will you be applying for the head coaching job?

dubjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
If I recall correctly we usually don't play well on midterm weeks. I imagine that is mentally exhausting! This was a perfect storm against us. Midterms, the weather slowed us down, Clemson had two to prepare, they are coming off a loss! We will be fine! I love this team and the fact that nobody quit. We could have rolled over and laid a total egg.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
If I recall correctly we usually don't play well on midterm weeks. I imagine that is mentally exhausting! This was a perfect storm against us. Midterms, the weather slowed us down, Clemson had two to prepare, they are coming off a loss! We will be fine! I love this team and the fact that nobody quit. We could have rolled over and laid a total egg.

So is no such thing as midterm week at Tech anymore

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
This game was over when Benson fumbled and they scored 2 plays later. Done. We had nothing after that. D looked like **** in the 1st half and the O played scared.
I agree, go back and watch that play, if he doesn’t fumble he goes for 25+ yards... that play put us on our heels way to early.