Clemson Postgame Discussion

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
I was at least expecting us to be somewhat competitive on O. We dropped a turd on O on national tv. Don't get me wrong I love this offense but it's frustrating all around when we talk how great it is and then show the opposite

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
They have more players than we do but we did not come to play in the first half. We have to play with a lot more effort to compete with teams as good as Clemson. T. Marshall played his worst game at the worst time. We can still rally and finish with a good season but we have to play much harder and better than we played tonight. I think we can and hope we will.

Go Jackets!

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow
We've got a lot of studs coming up on D. Saw a lot of the 2 deep D guys out there making plays. I really think the quick midline/follow plays work really well against aggressive defenses like VT and Clemson. Not sure why we only ran those when MJ was in.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
We just lost to the defending national champs. Why are so many freaking out? We lost two games by 1 point, let that sit in for a minute. We are still a good team, this game doesn't define the team. Last year after playing 7 games we were 4-3, sound familiar? Oh and the losses were way worse than the losses from this year, yet the season still turned out pretty good. We won't play another d line like clemsons this year either. It's not like this is new, Clemson has done this to us for three years now. Our D is better than last year and our O is just as good. Imo CPJ is the best man for this team, he gives us an advantage when we are going against a disadvantage in recruiting. I think we can all relax and have fun watching the guys play the rest of the season, they have a chance to still win out, it's not like they haven't done it in the past.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Lord help the wahoos next weekend, I have a feeling the Tech players are going to come out quite edgy
They f'ing better. Next week we will find out what kind of team we have. They had there asses handed to them in both sides of the ball. If we come out flat we will lose to a Va team that has looked liked garbage for 2 straight weeks and looking for a win. Next Saturday is the turning point in the season.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Heard this on Chat.
At times we looked Kansas Bad.
Pretty sad.

We will bounce back against Virginia and duke and fight hard against vt and uga.

Syracuse passed to beat Clemson. I guess we cant pass so it is what it is. I think we will find away
I said that. And in the first half we did.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
This game reminded me a lot of LSU and Iowa. What’s the quote “physical domination cancels all plans...”

Sometimes the other team is just plain better... sometimes they’re a LOT better. My son’s flag football team Cumberlanded their opposition this morning. It didn’t matter what that coach planned, prepared, adjusted whatever, they had no shot. Same story in reverse.

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
For everyone saying this is expected and acceptable, shame on you. Defense played pretty darn good against a very talented team. If you write off the short field TD they played great.

I'm severely frustrated with Johnson because once again he proves how blindingly stubborn he is. I'm not sure how many times he has to have Venables hand his butt to him before he tries something different AT THE START of the game. We should have come with a different game plan.

It was unfortunate it took so long and even more unfortunate that then a few plays later that Jordan got hurt. But we finally, finally narrowed our line splits and put in a QB who wasn't lost and hey, miraculously we started making hay. But, we waited SO long to do this. Why? Why is Johnson so stubborn that he's gonna keep Taquon in the game when Taquon is CLEARLY lost and having a horrible game.

We should have tried to let Taquon do more run and shoot the way Syracuse won throwing, or even better let Jordan get all the QB1 reps in practice and focus on executing the inside run game.