Clemson Postgame Discussion

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Well, if you want to get technical, we only play 11 games not 12 so 6-6 can't happen. Unless you're counting the bowl. Then my comment looks dumb...... lol

Lol i gotcha, i meant 6-6 figuratively. Just .500 football.

Hope Stansbury has his bowl waiver ready to go for the 5 wins.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
For everyone saying this is expected and acceptable, shame on you. Defense played pretty darn good against a very talented team. If you write off the short field TD they played great.

I'm severely frustrated with Johnson because once again he proves how blindingly stubborn he is. I'm not sure how many times he has to have Venables hand his butt to him before he tries something different AT THE START of the game. We should have come with a different game plan.

It was unfortunate it took so long and even more unfortunate that then a few plays later that Jordan got hurt. But we finally, finally narrowed our line splits and put in a QB who wasn't lost and hey, miraculously we started making hay. But, we waited SO long to do this. Why? Why is Johnson so stubborn that he's gonna keep Taquon in the game when Taquon is CLEARLY lost and having a horrible game.

We should have tried to let Taquon do more run and shoot the way Syracuse won throwing, or even better let Jordan get all the QB1 reps in practice and focus on executing the inside run game.
I get what you're saying but that's a slippery slope with a first year qb who has played his *** off all season.
"Hey bro you're not starting saturday" you may play though lol

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
I get what you're saying but that's a slippery slope with a first year qb who has played his *** off all season.
"Hey bro you're not starting saturday" you may play though lol
Yeah, but his ego can't be THAT fragile. Everyone had Jordan penciled in as QB1 for this year and he's the backup, but I don't see him crying.

No reason Taquon shouldn't be able to see past not starting in hopes of maximizing the chances for the win. And it's not like it's for every game. Just one. Plus, once you get Clemson on their heels, all kinds of things open up.

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
I feel like if some of these posters were our coach we'd have absolutely no identity and Brenton king would be the starting quarterback by the end of the season
I'm not the coach, and not trying to change our offense every weekend, just make the most of the options available. Obviously the actual coach doesn't have any answers either.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Pressley Harvin is the real MVP.

Looking forward to the next game.
Clemson is every bit as good as advertised. They are outstanding in the front 7 on defense and pretty good on offense. No doubt in my mind that they are far and away the best team we have played this year. Personally, I think they are much better than Miami especially on defense. Top 10 team for sure. Our performance was largely forgettable but again it was the physical superiority of the Clemson D line that just dictated things. People are saying that Marshall played scared, had deer in headlights look etc. Well, if number 42 was coming at you like a runaway Mack truck then you just might miss a few reads too. Once again, a major problem was the lack of separation by our wide receivers. They cannot beat one on one coverage and it is hard to run the option with safeties and line backers just flowing to the outside on the snap. We got whipped up front and our recruiting limitations were exposed pretty badly on national television. Not much to say except we need to beat Virginia and Duke to salvage a decent year. I don't think that we can stay on the field with UGA unless drastic improvement in forthcoming. Blocking on the line absolutely must get better. Benson ran hard but I am here to tell you that Jerry Howard looks like a grown man running the football. He is has a very bright future. Defense as it has most of the year played hard, did not quit, and got better as the game went on. Coach Roof, Coach Pelton, and Coach Speed has our guys playing hard all night.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, but his ego can't be THAT fragile. Everyone had Jordan penciled in as QB1 for this year and he's the backup, but I don't see him crying.

No reason Taquon shouldn't be able to see past not starting in hopes of maximizing the chances for the win. And it's not like it's for every game. Just one. Plus, once you get Clemson on their heels, all kinds of things open up.

Has nothing to do with his ego. Would you have started Thomas or Jordan last year? The team voted Marshall a captain you and your team have declared him the leader of your offense and team. Until he proves otherwise you go with him.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
A few things before I get back on the road:

1) you guys are hilarious

2) This was by far Taquan worst game. He made his mind up early that he was not pitching or not even give our WRs a chance to make a play.

3 I chuckle everytime I see the short passing comment. What room is there to throw when there is 8 or 9 in the box? It’s the logic of not throwing on the 2 yd line. It’s not many windows to in and area is constricted.

3) With that being said, we do need a passing game and not just have one guy to be the focal point. There needs a be true commitment on a 70/30 team

4) I feel bad for our Olineman. A lot of the blown up plays are created by their alignment and splits. Clemson DLine was simply just jumping in the gaps knowing would not be able to make the block.

5) I really wish our OL and Abacks use the cut block only when necessary. Clemson literally ran thru cut blocks and got outside to the play.

6) Please stop calling for MJ. One game shouldn’t shorten TMs leash on this team and offense. You guys like dysfunction way too much for my liking. There only needs to be one voice that huddle

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
I'm not the coach, and not trying to change our offense every weekend, just make the most of the options available. Obviously the actual coach doesn't have any answers either.

you obviously haven't listened to his post game comments. Perhaps you should. He said he was doubling the read key early and was probably too late in telling Marshall just to keep handing it off they were going to fake taking the dive. But no play calling can overcome getting your sack handed to you on the line of scrimmage.

Yes, Clemson is better. But their D just straight up handed the O line a tail cuttin. TQM missed some reads and then too many times there was no blocking to be had.
D got pushed around bad in the first half before finally settling in. It started reminding me too much of last year's game, so I turned over to the World Series.

gtkevin12

Jolly Good Fellow
A few things before I get back on the road:

1) you guys are hilarious

2) This was by far Taquan worst game. He made his mind up early that he was not pitching or not even give our WRs a chance to make a play.

3 I chuckle everytime I see the short passing comment. What room is there to throw when there is 8 or 9 in the box? It’s the logic of not throwing on the 2 yd line. It’s not many windows to in and area is constricted.

3) With that being said, we do need a passing game and not just have one guy to be the focal point. There needs a be true commitment on a 70/30 team

4) I feel bad for our Olineman. A lot of the blown up plays are created by their alignment and splits. Clemson DLine was simply just jumping in the gaps knowing would not be able to make the block.

5) I really wish our OL and Abacks use the cut block only when necessary. Clemson literally ran thru cut blocks and got outside to the play.

6) Please stop calling for MJ. One game shouldn’t shorten TMs leash on this team and offense. You guys like dysfunction way too much for my liking. There only needs to be one voice that huddle
OMG, would you stop being so rational!!

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
you obviously haven't listened to his post game comments. Perhaps you should. He said he was doubling the read key early and was probably too late in telling Marshall just to keep handing it off they were going to fake taking the dive. But no play calling can overcome getting your sack handed to you on the line of scrimmage.

Yes, Clemson is better. But their D just straight up handed the O line a tail cuttin. TQM missed some reads and then too many times there was no blocking to be had.
D got pushed around bad in the first half before finally settling in. It started reminding me too much of last year's game, so I turned over to the World Series.

The first half is on CTR.

1) why are you not sending pressure on a QB who a bad ankle and Just got out concussion protocol.

2) Why are your CB giving a huge cushion to a QB who struggles to throw downfield ESPECIALLY in the rain

With that being said Clemson was still 7/17 on 3rd down. You can live with that

King2b

Jolly Good Fellow
They get a bye week, we get midterms. I pretty much felt like I was beat up after midterms, can't imagine playing a football game against defending champions after them. Props to our boys, they fought hard. Go jackets.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk