Clemson Postgame Discussion

Jmonty71

Banned
The D graded about a B- The O graded about a D- Both could of done better. The D fixed the issues, the O really never did. To me, that about sums up the game.

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
Harvin: Fantastic game.
TQM: Slow start, seemed scared afterwards. Big learning experience, played badly.
B-backs: Very good with the one exception of the Benson fumble. The A-backs were not good at all.
OL: just plain outplayed. That will happen sometimes against a team as talented as Clemson, but I would've liked to see them play a lot better.
Defense: Applause to you. First quarter was rough, but afterwards was solid. Got a lot of stops. Step did have a rough game tho.

I think most of us had this as an L. Clemson is just very talented and they had the perfect storm: night game, at home, after a bye week and upset loss, playing against a team that you have had a lot of success against the past few years. A lot to be learned from this game for us. MJ provided a nice change of pace that I would not be opposed to seeing more frequently. The only thing we can control now is next week against UVA. I think we come out angry and whoop them. Looking ahead, improvements have to be made for us to beat VT and UGAg; but I have confidence that CPJ will make them.

Remember last year when we were 5-4 going in to VT without JT? I remember. We finished with wins over VT and UGAg and a Gator Bowl win. The season is not over.

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
Hard to get mad at a 14 point loss to a team that like it or not is a tier 1 team.

Harvin's a beast.
Harvin: Fantastic game.
TQM: Slow start, seemed scared afterwards. Big learning experience, played badly.
B-backs: Very good with the one exception of the Benson fumble. The A-backs were not good at all.
OL: just plain outplayed. That will happen sometimes against a team as talented as Clemson, but I would've liked to see them play a lot better.
Defense: Applause to you. First quarter was rough, but afterwards was solid. Got a lot of stops. Step did have a rough game tho.

I think most of us had this as an L. Clemson is just very talented and they had the perfect storm: night game, at home, after a bye week and upset loss, playing against a team that you have had a lot of success against the past few years. A lot to be learned from this game for us. MJ provided a nice change of pace that I would not be opposed to seeing more frequently. The only thing we can control now is next week against UVA. I think we come out angry and whoop them. Looking ahead, improvements have to be made for us to beat VT and UGAg; but I have confidence that CPJ will make them.

Remember last year when we were 5-4 going in to VT without JT? I remember. We finished with wins over VT and UGAg and a Gator Bowl win. The season is not over.

Couldn't have said it better. Looking forward to UVA!

Josh H

Jolly Good Fellow
I didn't get to catch the game, had to constantly refresh it on online to get score updates. Is there any reason to watch it?

brian22

Jolly Good Fellow
I get that we were all hoping for an upset, but the fact is that we lost to a better team who had a week off to get healthy. We played them in the rain at their house, and, oh by the way, they're the defending national champions. They played better in the rain than we did. Our QB had an off night. Once the rain stopped, we out-scored them. They won. We lost. Tip your cap.

The fact is that this team has some serious talent. We've lost two games that we could've just as easily have won. We could EASILY have been 6-1 at this point. We played hard even if we didn't play well tonight.

There is plenty to play for. We have three conference games remaining. We have a better-than-Tech-average defense and a DREAM scenario for some of us possibly coming our way Thanksgiving weekend. How many of us have dreamt of the possibility of Tech ruining a perfect U[sic]GA season on the very last weekend? I'm giddy as hell just thinking of it.

This season isn't over and the student athletes haven't given up. Go get another beer, enjoy the west coast games, put your big girl panties on, and realize that you're a Yellow Jacket. Not a Tiger or a Bulldog. Not a Hurricane or an Appalachian Turkey. We're elite in doing.... whatever it is we individually do. Cheer for the Brave and Bold and the White and Gold. This season ain't over. There is still much to play for. It's more than OK. Love you guys.

T.H.W.G.

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
Of course Clemson is very good but TM played his worst game of the year. Overall the offense was terrible. 3-15 on 3rd down is unacceptable. The defense played pretty well considering the offensive performance. The guys on D played hard all game and made some plays on 3rd down to get off the field. Credit to them. I'm sure the guys will learn from this and bounce back next week @UVA. Hopefully Matthew Jordan is ok.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Heard this on Chat.
At times we looked Kansas Bad.
Pretty sad.

We will bounce back against Virginia and duke and fight hard against vt and uga.

Syracuse passed to beat Clemson. I guess we cant pass so it is what it is. I think we will find away

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Went about how I figured. I predicted us to win by keeping it in the teens only because I'm not going to pick us to lose. Defense did well but not enough to overcome our offense.

scrappy_95

Georgia Tech Fan
I don't post alot but come on guys...we are playing the second best team in the country (yes, even with the lost to Syracuse), coming off a bye week after a loss. I know everyone is disappointed but this is not an indictment on our program or CPJ. This was expected. Yes...I wanted the victory but sometimes the cards are not in our favor. What I care about more is how our guys respond the rest of the season. This is usually the time when we start to really kick it into another gear.

We have seen this movie before. We are average for the fist 5-7 games, then CPJ and the boys kick it into another gear to finish the year. It usually starts with a winnable game we are all scared of (UVA)...then off to the races.

Have faith my friends...have faith.

Last edited:

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
This is only a preview of what UGA is going to do to us. That one is going to get out of hand.

This season is just meh all around. Beating the teams we should and losing to the teams we shouldnt. 6-6.