Class of 2020 - Commitments & Draft

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
This is a 2020 commit thread so... I put football here so I didn’t get pounced on and heated your opinions, but WTH a billboard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This is a 2020 commit thread so... I put football here so I didn’t get pounced on and heated your opinions, but WTH a billboard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ivey is from the area and it's part of the 404 branding. Smart to put a local boys picture up. He also happens to be a 4-star recruit. It is typical for a couple of billboards on I-85 to have GT sports stuff, especially football.

Yes GT wants to be an elite football school again and that's where the money is. But over the last 35 years, baseball has been consistently the best major men's varsity sport. Imagine what our football team would be if we had the same recruiting class ranking in football as we have had in baseball.

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
True that. The marketing and social presence is good.
Freaking hilarious the UGA being an Athens (80+ miles and over 90 minutes) yet have pictures of ATL stuff in their locker room like Varisty Club, etc in ATL.
They're getting trolled hard!

Also interesting if they're entertaining in ATL it seems it is a violation of the 33 mile limit from campus.
Just sayin.

Just wait, we'll grab a few more top baseball recruits in 2021 if they're still recruiting and watch the snowball effect. ALready a great start for 2022 with 1.6 top 100s. They'll improve over the summer/fall and we'll grab more elites. Watch!

ball4life66

Helluva Engineer
MLB came out with their early top 100 prospect list for the 2020 draft. C Kevin Parada (#68) is the only player/signee on the list.

Scouting grades: Hit: 50 | Power: 50 | Run: 40 | Arm: 55 | Field: 45 | Overall: 45

While Parada has been a known quantity for a while -- he was the MVP of the Perfect Game WWBA World Championships in 2018 -- he really jumped on the prospect map with a very strong summer showcase performance in 2019, standing out in Major League Baseball's PDP League and playing in PG's All-American Classic.

Parada has the chance to be a solid all-around backstop when all is said and done. He has the potential to hit for both average and power. He shows more pull power now, but should have the ability to drive the ball to all fields. He's a hitter first right now who is content to go the other way and who doesn't strike out a lot, but there's plenty of strength for him to tap into. He's pretty athletic and runs well for a catcher. Behind the plate, he has an above-average arm that's accurate, but his other defensive skills are just adequate. There's some stiffness, but he should be good enough to stay behind the dish long term.

He has shown the ability to play other positions should catching not work out and his athleticism should allow him to handle another spot if a team wanted to let his bat play. Any team wanting to draft and sign him away from his commitment to Georgia Tech would likely send him out as a catcher and let him develop as an offensive-minded backstop.

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2020?list=draft

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
Did you see PG 2021 #3 overall and #2 RHP nationally and UVA commit Nick Bitsko (UVA 2021) shaved a year off of high school and will graduate this year and be eligible for the 2020 draft.

How do you shave a year off of HS as a junior athlete?

They'll lose 15 points from their recruiting profile rank and drop them to 10 for 2021 .

But I bet they lose Nate Savino to the 2020 draft as well. #1 LHP in 2020 throwing 96.
https://www.perfectgame.org/Players/Playerprofile.aspx?ID=597767
They'll lose 15 points for him and should drop to #23-25 for the 2020 class.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Did you see PG 2021 #3 overall and #2 RHP nationally and UVA commit Nick Bitsko (UVA 2021) shaved a year off of high school and will graduate this year and be eligible for the 2020 draft.

How do you shave a year off of HS as a junior athlete?

They'll lose 15 points from their recruiting profile rank and drop them to 10 for 2021 .

But I bet they lose Nate Savino to the 2020 draft as well. #1 LHP in 2020 throwing 96.
https://www.perfectgame.org/Players/Playerprofile.aspx?ID=597767
They'll lose 15 points for him and should drop to #23-25 for the 2020 class.

If Bitsko was in a private school, I can see how. But looks like public school on Perfect Game He is 17 years and six months already, unless that is draft day. I'm any event , 6-2 and 220 pounds. So he is definitely not and old enough.

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
Kinda like my HS. We had 9th in its own building and 10-12 in a separate location.
Good for him and all, but maybe he just didn't want to come out with Kumar Rocker taking the top spot in 2021?
https://www.prepbaseballreport.com/commitments
upload_2020-1-10_11-15-23.png

upload_2020-1-10_11-15-9.png

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Not sure I understand this get.
GT picks up 2020 to get class to 14
Joe Vatalaro RHP ATL
5'11" 160 throws 83 (56%tile for class)

https://www.perfectgame.org/Players/Playerprofile.aspx?ID=512511

Khaya Wright still doesn't show up in PG as committed, but he's listed on Beesball.
Football/Baseball, I guess that trumps it?

Vatalaro may be more for 2B or C? Either that or he has a tremendous upside unknown to others outside of GT.

I trust Beesball more for Khaya. I checked out his Twitter and he is primarily football.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
My guess on why Khaya Wright is not a commitment or signee on Perfect Game, is because he counts against football. The LOI goes in typical NCAA revenue order: 1)Football, 2)Basketball, 3)Baseball, and so on....