CJ Leggett injured?

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Well this is a real bummer. Our B-Back depth this year could be Marcus Allen and Patrick Skov (hopefully)? What a weird turn of events. Hopefully it's not too serious for CJ.

Jacketfish

Jolly Good Fellow
Doesn't look good at all. Keep your heads up though guys. I think both Marcus Marshall and MLD both have very high ceilings and can be B-back monsters once they get acclimated to the offense.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 243

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Wowzee...this makes the Patrick Skov decision even bigger. I hope we are scouring the hills and plains for another possible 5th year guy, if necessary. I know there were some people proposing to use Davis in the B-back role, and I was laughing, but I am not laughing anymore.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I have two distinct thoughts on this:

1. injuries scuttle expectations more than anything else (just ask Clempson)
2. this makes Skov's decision an even more nobrainer. He'd be the guy if he comes.

Another thought: anybody ever heard of Wally Pipp?

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
That's football. People get hurt. It's next man up. I guess Marcus Allen and some walk ons are what we will see tomorrow night. More opportunity available for those willing to step up and take it.

Go Jackets!

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
Wowzee...this makes the Patrick Skov decision even bigger. I hope we are scouring the hills and plains for another possible 5th year guy, if necessary. I know there were some people proposing to use Davis in the B-back role, and I was laughing, but I am not laughing anymore.
Swilling not working out at BB? Didn't CJ miss last years spring game because of injury?

gtalltheway

Jolly Good Fellow
Good thing is we have some very good athletes on our team who at any given time could step up, also if skov does end up coming here that would be great plus we have the freshmen I really like what I have heard about Allen as well plus we have a great coach who is very good at getting guys ready when it comes to game day

gtalltheway

Jolly Good Fellow
I have a brilliant idea.... Wait on it......
Jabari hunt-days as the new b back, he might not out run guys but he sure would be hard to bring down LOL :p

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
CJ, keep your head up, train as much as you can during rehab, and come back better than ever next year! We're all rooting for a quick and complete recovery.

All of this " we can go undefeated " talk needs sshhhhhh. It's going to be a tough season for a few reasons. 1. We lost a ton of experience on the offense and 2. Our schedule is brutal.

I hate being the negative tech fan but it's just reality. I hope someone can emerge and carry the rock but CPJ has said time after time that if the Bback position is producing , the offense isn't that good.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I thought he wasn't looking good anyway? I think we'll be okay on offense I think we're all overreacting a little bit. We've never gotten blown out since paul has been coach and in a close game I trust Justin to carry us home