CJ Leggett injured?

I just recently spoke to a friend of mine who is a Fsu fan and he believes they we'll lose to us this year untill until our team doesn't have a 10+ win season I'm going to believe every year they will win 10 games untill they prove me wrong and yes I am aware this is the first in a while so from now on they should get the benefit of the doubt
I have no idea what you just said. Read it again and see if you do.

biggtfan

Jolly Good Fellow
Read faster.

I try to, but I get tripped up over the stream of words and have to re-read them to figure out where one thought ends and another begins. I don't expect every post to be perfect because we all use mobile devices, but a well-placed period will help a lot! :)

Back on topic, I thought Allen looked great Friday night. I'm hoping we build some depth in the summer and are ready to go when toe meets leather.

TheGridironGeek

Jolly Good Fellow
If we are as good or better than last year, I will be absolutely shocked. Some people think we will just be able to replace Smelter/Waller and Days/Laskey with the same production. Those guys were incredible.

We will basically have the same defense as last season with, hopefully, the addition of JHD. People think were gonna make this huge transformation on D. We were pretty terrible on defense last year, with the exception of a handful of guys making key plays throughout the year. If JHD is the real deal, that should turn our defense from bad to slightly below average. Our DL is still thin as hell and we can't afford one injury. Slightly below average defense would work for me if we had the same production of our offense from last year.

The good news is we still have Justin Thomas, 4 starters on the OL and PJ calling plays. If we won 8 games and a bowl game, I will be extremely happy.

Coaching has gotten better w/ Ted Roof.

No, GT's defense wasn't athletically imposing last year, and they gave up a lot of yards. They had a few clunkers vs. Southern, Duke, NC etc that made the overall stats look a lot worse.

But what encouraged me was the team's ability to get negative plays and force TOs and penalties against top-quality offenses. Mississippi State may have gained 900 yards or whatever, but their offensive output was ragged. So was Georgia's. A quick score here, a sack and a punt there, then an int or a fumble. A bad defense would have let Georgia score on the goal line and would have let M-State control the ball. CTR's playbook has been described as "bend but don't break" but I think of it more as "make them clunky." You can rack up a lot of yards and not score enough points to win, if every other drive ends with a forced penalty or a turnover.

If you look back at the great wishbone/option dynasties like Nebraska and Oklahoma, they had the same inherent weakness on D that CPJ has always dealt with, namely the lack of practice time vs. great passing QB's. What those teams did was build up their front 7's and blow up offenses at the fountainhead. The Peter brothers didn't care whether they were facing a Justin Thomas or a Peyton Manning, they just beat up whoever was back there. What CTR has accomplished in getting the secondary to make plays *despite* the lack of DL pressure is terrific. So yes, the inclusion/development of one or two more outstanding D-linemen can have a big impact.

Though I agree, if GT happens to lose their best players on the front 7 to injury, it could be a long year. But that's everybody.

gtalltheway

Jolly Good Fellow
I apologize for my bad grammar/spelling/poor punctuation. (note to self do not post anything on GTSwarm while driving, or while trying to hide from my wife that I am on GTSwarm yet again LOL you will be badgered by everyone) I will try better next time guys :)

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I try to, but I get tripped up over the stream of words and have to re-read them to figure out where one thought ends and another begins. I don't expect every post to be perfect because we all use mobile devices, but a well-placed period will help a lot! :)

Back on topic, I thought Allen looked great Friday night. I'm hoping we build some depth in the summer and are ready to go when toe meets leather.
A magazine editor friend of mine -- magazine writers in particular, he said, set out to commit literature at the expense of clarity -- passed out whole sheets of periods to offending writers. Said he had more if needed.