CJ Leggett injured?

CobbTech

Jolly Good Fellow
All of this " we can go undefeated " talk needs sshhhhhh. It's going to be a tough season for a few reasons. 1. We lost a ton of experience on the offense and 2. Our schedule is brutal.

I hate being the negative tech fan but it's just reality. I hope someone can emerge and carry the rock but CPJ has said time after time that if the Bback position is producing , the offense isn't that good.

This. I think 8 or 9 wins would be a really good season.

gtalltheway

Jolly Good Fellow
if our deffense plays way better than last year and our offense only drops a little we should be able to make a run for the playoffs the two hurdles I see is the strength of the schedule and how the impact players are going to play this year, honestly I don't see a big drop off at a back and if someone steps up I think we could have someone play just as well at b back not saying that will happen 100 % and I think we have great atheletic guys at wr I'm not saying they will be as good as last year but they do have a chance to be good hopefully our blocking will do well when we get healthy so yes 8 or 9 wins would be a good season because of so many questions I honestly think we have the ability to be just as good as last year if not better I say better because of the possibility on d but like I said a lot of questions

gtalltheway

Jolly Good Fellow
if our deffense plays way better than last year and our offense only drops a little we should be able to make a run for the playoffs the two hurdles I see is the strength of the schedule and how the impact players are going to play this year, honestly I don't see a big drop off at a back and if someone steps up I think we could have someone play just as well at b back not saying that will happen 100 % and I think we have great atheletic guys at wr I'm not saying they will be as good as last year but they do have a chance to be good hopefully our blocking will do well when we get healthy so yes 8 or 9 wins would be a good season because of so many questions I honestly think we have the ability to be just as good as last year if not better I say better because of the possibility on d but like I said a lot of questions

CobbTech

Jolly Good Fellow

If we are as good or better than last year, I will be absolutely shocked. Some people think we will just be able to replace Smelter/Waller and Days/Laskey with the same production. Those guys were incredible.

We will basically have the same defense as last season with, hopefully, the addition of JHD. People think were gonna make this huge transformation on D. We were pretty terrible on defense last year, with the exception of a handful of guys making key plays throughout the year. If JHD is the real deal, that should turn our defense from bad to slightly below average. Our DL is still thin as hell and we can't afford one injury. Slightly below average defense would work for me if we had the same production of our offense from last year.

The good news is we still have Justin Thomas, 4 starters on the OL and PJ calling plays. If we won 8 games and a bowl game, I will be extremely happy.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
No, but when Josh Clemmons or his parents call us, we can talk.

He's already sent his release form to Tech...he did a couple of weeks ago. We could have already talked to him if we wanted to...We chose to go after Skov instead.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
If we are as good or better than last year, I will be absolutely shocked. Some people think we will just be able to replace Smelter/Waller and Days/Laskey with the same production. Those guys were incredible.

We will basically have the same defense as last season with, hopefully, the addition of JHD. People think were gonna make this huge transformation on D. We were pretty terrible on defense last year, with the exception of a handful of guys making key plays throughout the year. If JHD is the real deal, that should turn our defense from bad to slightly below average. Our DL is still thin as hell and we can't afford one injury. Slightly below average defense would work for me if we had the same production of our offense from last year.

The good news is we still have Justin Thomas, 4 starters on the OL and PJ calling plays. If we won 8 games and a bowl game, I will be extremely happy.
This. I think 8-4/9-3 we be the end result of this years schedule. I hate to say it but I think we drop a close one at ND. To early and to many new faces getting live action. I also think we lose @ Clemson,Miami and either F$U or UGag. Yes Ugag. Until we find a way to beat them 2 years in a row I'm not counting that as an automatic W just yet.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
There's too many question marks and too many future twists and turns to make any kind of valid prediction. There's a reason why factory teams are usually good every year: HIGH QUALITY DEPTH. If a 4 star goes down, another is waiting in the wings to take his place and it's usually somebody who's been in the program a while and not a true frosh.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
He's already sent his release form to Tech...he did a couple of weeks ago. We could have already talked to him if we wanted to...We chose to go after Skov instead.
Not sure where the 'ships are coming from, but we might be interested in him as well.
Hearing that the last two injuries are making us nervous about BBack position.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I have two distinct thoughts on this:

1. injuries scuttle expectations more than anything else (just ask Clempson)
2. this makes Skov's decision an even more nobrainer. He'd be the guy if he comes.

Another thought: anybody ever heard of Wally Pipp?
He would give us a deep bench, for sure. But seriously: probably a lot of what is going on now is angst accelerated by the great 2014 year and the dream that life will always be this good and the fact we really know very little about what is happening or what Johnson plans. But last night I watched, again and for the umpteenth time the second half of GT-GA '08. It is every bit as exciting now as then. But this statistic I did not recall: in 2008 we averaged 270 yards rushing a game (into the Georgia game), and ranked 4th in the country. In 2014 we averaged 340 yards a game and ranked 3rd in the country, I believe. In '08 one guy got more than 1,300 yards and in '08, two guys combined for almost 1,800. Obviously we were much slicker in the offense after seven years, but what I think I get out of this is that two solid and reliable running backs can be more effective over a season than one all-American. So can we develop those two? Because the one doesn't appear to be on the horizon. (Maybe the good news is if we can get through 2015 in that position, it will be outstanding for several years.)

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
There's too many question marks and too many future twists and turns to make any kind of valid prediction. There's a reason why factory teams are usually good every year: HIGH QUALITY DEPTH. If a 4 star goes down, another is waiting in the wings to take his place and it's usually somebody who's been in the program a while and not a true frosh.
September 19 end of 4th quarter will tell us where we stand.. We will get some clues first 2 games but we were pretty bad the first three games of 2014. I still think the BB situation is biggest ? mark. Other positions on O will be a yearly transition type reload. The big thing is to improve game to game over coming injuries. That is what happened in 2014 and we avoided major injuries until we had jelled as team. Last year we could have been 12 and 0 or 6 and 6. This year is the same. We will again be somewhere in the middle 8 or 9 wins.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Not sure where the 'ships are coming from, but we might be interested in him as well.
Hearing that the last two injuries are making us nervous about BBack position.

We won't have room for anyone else.

We were nervous before the injuries...of course having the top two go down isn't a good thing and doesn't help our cause. Have to hope that we land Skov and MLD comes in somewhat ready.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
We won't have room for anyone else.

We were nervous before the injuries...of course having the top two go down isn't a good thing and doesn't help our cause. Have to hope that we land Skov and MLD comes in somewhat ready.
What about Marshall, isn't he gonna be in the mix, too?