Charles kelly

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
Lots of folks don’t seem to grasp the concept that the starting D and starting O rarely practice against each other. Funny concept...scout teams.....even used at most high schools, that emulate the up coming team’s formations and plays based on scouting reports and game film.

Yes, they emulate up coming team’s formations and plays, but they don't emulate the skill set, especially in the passing game. The scout team is comprised of players recruited and coached to run option, not a skilled passing offense. They don't become a scout team until after fall camp, not to be confused with fall practice. Fall camp, like spring practice, is Johnson's offense.

The advantage that is touted for our offense--opposing teams can't match the speed and skill at which we run it---is the same disadvantage that our defense has against skilled passing offenses.

People don't understand the practice time and precision that an offensive coach like Friedgen installs. No scout team recruited for the option and run by option/grad assistant coaches can emulate it.

buzzwilder

Georgia Tech Fan
So we should score 100 Saturday right? Because no one at uga was recruited to run the option .
Teams like UGA, Bama, etc are going to have success vs any style of offense because they have better players. Their scout team probably doesn't give them a great look vs the option, but it really doesn't matter when you consistently win the battle in the trenches.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Teams like UGA, Bama, etc are going to have success vs any style of offense because they have better players. Their scout team probably doesn't give them a great look vs the option, but it really doesn't matter when you consistently win the battle in the trenches.
I also think having players who have played us 4 going on 5 years in a row helps a ton in how they perform. We ran through UT's 4 and 5 stars, Ugag's not so much... In '14, Missy State had her share of high stars, too. Familiarity is a definite advantage for our opponents. Unfamiliarity is ours.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
People say all kind of stupid things. What he implied is that what they are saying is true.

To be clear, my point of reference is to another post by someone else several weeks ago. That poster either claimed that, or said they heard it. I replied then IDK , but it was strange because earlier that week I had meet the parents of a current player (O, not D player) at a function, and they had of their own volition said the same.

I have no idea if true or not.

But in this post I was responding to someone saying WTTE, “are we willing to lose the Swillings and TD” if CTR fired.

As for myself, I think CPJ should be removed first, or at least second behind Sewak, before CTR.

But, I do not think anything positive is going to happen. At least until CPJ has an overall losing record vs puke like he does with um, ugag, vt, and cu.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I also think having players who have played us 4 going on 5 years in a row helps a ton in how they perform. We ran through UT's 4 and 5 stars, Ugag's not so much... In '14, Missy State had her share of high stars, too. Familiarity is a definite advantage for our opponents. Unfamiliarity is ours.
Helped my son breakdown plays for second round playoffs . He and buddies got previous breakdowns for the teams and did this all on the cloud. The program gave him tendencies etc. He worked up game plan ( o and d) . He let his staff ( pretty young) review it as well as buddy again collaboratively on cloud. The defense was designed and practiced to confuse the blocking on the key plays.
THEY LINED UP LIKE IT WAS THE SAME BUT A COUPLE OF DRF2ENDERRS WERE MOVED SLIGHTLY TO CONFUSE THE BLOCKERS. Son's coaches only had time to teach this on a few plays (3 rd and 7 -roll out or pit h - lb shot the gap -)

Son said the computer tech is advancing at major rate. He coaches at the smallest h S in district and they went to second round again.

All that said imo Our Coach is a genius on offense, but I wonder if it clearly gets to the players. Hopefully the de fednsess can be made to respect our t o .

The person on MTSU defense that was the most was the most inexperienced was the DC- just promoted after the real dc took a head coaching job.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Helped my son breakdown plays for second round playoffs . He and buddies got previous breakdowns for the teams and did this all on the cloud. The program gave him tendencies etc. He worked up game plan ( o and d) . He let his staff ( pretty young) review it as well as buddy again collaboratively on cloud. The defense was designed and practiced to confuse the blocking on the key plays.
THEY LINED UP LIKE IT WAS THE SAME BUT A COUPLE OF DRF2ENDERRS WERE MOVED SLIGHTLY TO CONFUSE THE BLOCKERS. Son's coaches only had time to teach this on a few plays (3 rd and 7 -roll out or pit h - lb shot the gap -)

Son said the computer tech is advancing at major rate. He coaches at the smallest h S in district and they went to second round again.

All that said imo Our Coach is a genius on offense, but I wonder if it clearly gets to the players. Hopefully the de fednsess can be made to respect our t o .

The person on MTSU defense that was the most was the most inexperienced was the DC- just promoted after the real dc took a head coaching job.
This is done at all levels to check for tendencies. But if you can’t block and tackle, you can throw the x’s and o’s Out the window.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
This is done at all levels to check for tendencies. But if you can’t block and tackle, you can throw the x’s and o’s Out the window.
Not so fast.
Sons team is way better prepared due to his use of technology. His pool is half the size and he always has fewer athletes.

Blocking and tackling looks so hard when u don't know the proper assigment and are lost in space . They look so easy when you are doing the opposite.
Everyone knows our COMPLICARED scheme requires blockers to make reads. Its not hard to visualize that DC are working to confuse the blockers. This year I saw coach yell at stick, shamire, bryan, and etc as if they made a bad reads. I assume he is frustrated that the issues he sees are really fundamental errors. Sure seems like this happens a lot.

I am trying to give benefit of doubt to players and assistant coach, by saying its the other team using new and advancing technology.

As an aside
Imo yelling seldom helps recognition issues but then I am not coach. Have watched my son go from a yeller type coach to a humorous in battle coach. Lots of funny stories and many not so talented kids love him. Plus the whole team of under sized slow kids play full speed no matter what.

TechTravis

Ramblin' Wreck
I remember CCK being a pretty stout recruiter when he was here. I'd love to see him come in and work with special teams. Maybe give him a title like "blitz package consultant" or something. Let him rove as needed on the coaching staff.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Eh. Cck good for assistant. Not dc. Would be disappointed. Sorry but for me I watch his D and style and not bought in. Just me. But we can do better for 800k at dc that roof and cck. Just think we need a particular niche style and scheme here.

Btw. It will be telling jimbo doesnt bring kelly with him.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Eh. Cck good for assistant. Not dc. Would be disappointed. Sorry but for me I watch his D and style and not bought in. Just me. But we can do better for 800k at dc that roof and cck. Just think we need a particular niche style and scheme here.

Btw. It will be telling jimbo doesnt bring kelly with him.
You with me on a Chad Glasgow from TCU?