Charles kelly

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Lots of folks don’t seem to grasp the concept that the starting D and starting O rarely practice against each other. Funny concept...scout teams.....even used at most high schools, that emulate the up coming team’s formations and plays based on scouting reports and game film.
Crepes, even in H.S., the coach would have play cards developed from film, showing formation, blocking assignments, pass patterns etc etc. In the huddle, he would simply pull the card of the play he wanted run, you would quickly find your assignment and run the play against the starters, same concept worked for both sides of the line......why in the world do people still think our startin* D regularly practices against our offensive playbook.?

Because a lot of people have never played a sport in their life yet make oulandish statements.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
I believe the new rule that allows staffs to add a 10th assistant goes into effect in Jan. Would love to bring Charles back if he's available. Good coach & really good recruiter.

And do people really believe a scout team comprised of guys recruited to run the option can give our D a competent look at a passing O? That's like thinking the Texas Tech scout team could give their D a good look vs the option.

So we should score 100 Saturday right? Because no one at uga was recruited to run the option .

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I thought I was the only person who didn't think First O and D do NOT practice against each other daily. Hence the scout team. People would look at me like I'm nuts!

No college team has them play against each other every day. But when they DO scrimmage, it is a big deal. Determines starters as well as pride.

Now when we do it, guess which O system our D goes up against? And how many times in a game that year?

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
So the Swillings did not come to GT for the education first? Is that what is being said?

And I hope TD is an A-A, but some say we are not playing others that are better than him now.
I know I am a skeptic. But every time I read about a kid going to Tech or anywhere else "for the education" I look for a cue card somewhere. 90 of a 100 go because that's where they were recruited, they liked the recruiter and/or the HC or both, and at 18, frankly Scarlette, 80 of those 90 really have no clue as to their future. Most of us dabbled about, which is a good thing. But no, not for the education. The chance to play.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I know I am a skeptic. But every time I read about a kid going to Tech or anywhere else "for the education" I look for a cue card somewhere. 90 of a 100 go because that's where they were recruited, they liked the recruiter and/or the HC or both, and at 18, frankly Scarlette, 80 of those 90 really have no clue as to their future. Most of us dabbled about, which is a good thing. But no, not for the education. The chance to play.
Watch the latest interview with Shamire.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
As I said, 90 out of 100.

I don't know any of the current players personally. Shamire is exceptional from all of the interviews I have seen with him. JT was recruited by and committed to Alabama. His father said that after his first visit to GT, JT told him that the people at GT are different than all of the other places he had been. The head coach says that he tells potential players that if they are not serious about working hard in the classroom that they should not consider GT. I am not an insider in the program, but it is my understanding that the program recruits students and pushes them hard to grow athletically, academically, and emotionally. I think Shamire is a great example of a student-athlete and it would be hard to have 105 of him. However, I think there are many more closer to him than closer to the type of lost athlete who only follows what forum posters on the recruiting boards say they should do that you describe.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
I heard from an informed source that Uga is last the SEC in academic performance The worst of the worst! Does that bother any of their fans, very few.