Chances Tech reaches the pinnacle?

What odds would you give GT to become a national powerhouse?Talking multiple playoffs in next 20yr

• Total voters

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
The chances are slim and none. And Slim has already left the building. Unless there is a lot of money invested in recruiting analyst (probably need at least 15 instead of 4), coaching salaries and a change in the academic load for the players, then welcome to meaningless bowl games for the lucky years when we can scrape up enough wins.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
He engineered one of my favorite GT victories - a blowout of the highly-ranked Gamecocks in 1988. My family is mostly Gamecocks so it was a very enjoyable Saturday on the Flats!

I was thinking of changing my screen name to @billylothridgefan. Do you think that might date me?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
I love that we are putting Tech and college football playoffs in the same sentence, but this is before our new coach has assembled his staff, inked his first recruit, conducted his first practice, dealt with his first controversy, played his first game or even showed his hand on the offense he will run. It’s kinda difficult to make bold predictions without a single data point...

LibertyTurns

Banned
I love that we are putting Tech and college football playoffs in the same sentence, but this is before our new coach has assembled his staff, inked his first recruit, conducted his first practice, dealt with his first controversy, played his first game or even showed his hand on the offense he will run. It’s kinda difficult to make bold predictions without a single data point...
Not really. It’s pretty damn easy to make a predicktion.

Animal02

Banned
It is the school girl crush several posters have.:rolleyes:

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
I want to see collins take this where I know he can. But will we have the backing of the school and alumni?! I believe with all my heart we can be a multiple national title contender within the next 15 years.
Sad thing if he is he won't be here very long before one of the elite 10 programs come calling.

Animal02

Banned
Sad thing if he is he won't be here very long before one of the elite 10 programs come calling.
You have hit on why I believe this hire is a B- at best, as some rags have said. If he succeeds like some very optimistic posters have suggested, he will be gone in a few short years to his next dream job. If he doesn't, he has a 7 year contract.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Thankfully they have standards and are not willing to throw them under the bus solely for football wins.

Wish they would. Rather have 5 national titles in football than be a top 3 engineering school. I'd settle for top 5 football and top 15 engineering.

TechPreacher

Banned
Let's start with improving the 50.47% FBS win percentage we posted over the last 9 years before we start talking playoffs. We've only won 7 or more FBS games in a season 3 times in the last 9 years. 7 FBS wins/year should be the floor.

Give it a rest, please. He's gone. You should be happy. We all know you can't count to 11.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
I wish this was different but with the state of the program, it would be a miracle if we made the playoff in the next 20 years.

gthxxxx

Jolly Good Fellow
What are the odds that college football scales back to being a club sport or simple intramurals, and NFL creates their own junior system separate from higher education? That would be my guess for the odds that GT becomes a regular playoff powerhouse.