Chances Tech reaches the pinnacle?

What odds would you give GT to become a national powerhouse?Talking multiple playoffs in next 20yr

• Total voters

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I want to see collins take this where I know he can. But will we have the backing of the school and alumni?! I believe with all my heart we can be a multiple national title contender within the next 15 years.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
I think it's easier today than it was in 1990. Back then we had to win a popularity contest with the AP and UPI voters. Today we just need to win games and it takes care of itself.
The 2014 team was an ACC-CG victory away from being in the CFP. I voted 20%. Time to get rid of the defeatist attitude that has settled in on our program!

Meanwhile, I agree with @stech81 - Baby steps - let's win the Coastal first! :woot:

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
I want, and expect to see , a slow trend of improvement year over year. I also believe we have a higher ceiling than we had with CPJ. I would hope within 3-5 years we are playing for the ACCC, within 10 years we have made a few trips into the top 15 at the end of the year, and within 20 years we have made it a few times into the CFP picture BEFORE we play the DWAGs. Am I dreaming ? Maybe, but being an optimist has served me much better than being a pessimist in 68 years, so I am sticking with that viewpoint.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
I think it's easier today than it was in 1990. Back then we had to win a popularity contest with the AP and UPI voters. Today we just need to win games and it takes care of itself.
The 2014 team was an ACC-CG victory away from being in the CFP. I voted 20%. Time to get rid of the defeatist attitude that has settled in on our program!

Meanwhile, I agree with @stech81 - Baby steps - let's win the Coastal first! :woot:

Well-said. And Rick Strom? Been a while since I’ve heard that name.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
He engineered one of my favorite GT victories - a blowout of the highly-ranked Gamecocks in 1988. My family is mostly Gamecocks so it was a very enjoyable Saturday on the Flats!

I remember! Thanks for reminding me!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
In 10 years the playoffs expanded to include top 8 in each conference . We make it 3 times in second 10 years.
Betting 100 @ 1000000 to 1, I m rich !

True answer- hell no.