CGC on 680 this AM

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm assuming the OL we lost are the best ones we had because they played. Now our OL had lots of injuries so that plays into it, but then i'm also very conservative about returning injured players. Until they show they are 100% and playing better than what we had (which was bad) you can't assume they will be better than what left.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The portal has been a much bigger deal in college basketball than football for some time so I use that as a comparison. So far it has not stopped increasing, even with lots of players not finding homes - I sort of expect it to do the same in football. The rate of increase will decline but I don't think it is likely to ever be less than this year anytime soon.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Would you like to make a friendly wager on that? If Geoff only manages 4 wins, I highly doubt T Stan will be there either to allow him to keep his job. You are talking about a 4 year period that would be far and away the worst in Georgia Tech's entire football history, with numerous record lows, and likely would not include even a single win over an FBS opponent with a winning record in that span.
Stansbury isn't going anywhere.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I’d like to hear TStan explain himself on the whole Collins hiring……well…..uhhhhhhh…….ummmmmm…….maybe…..errrrrrr……ummmmmm…..not.😏
This is just dumb.
Really ? In all seriousness what makes you so confident ?
Because the health of the entire GTAA is much better than it has been in a long time. He will absolutely weather any CGC ****storm.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
This is just dumb.

Because the health of the entire GTAA is much better than it has been in a long time. He will absolutely weather any CGC ****storm.

Apparently you haven't listened to our AD speak. Like I said, I like him, but have a tough time listening to him. Could really benefit from some public speaking instruction or classes.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
"The University of Texas boosters recently set up a program that's paying $50,000 per year to offensive linemen who are on scholarship. It's part of the nonprofit Horns with Heart initiative."

This is what scares me. Does Tech have the resources to do this for even a few players? Geoff can be the greatest recruiter in the world but if NIL dollars rule ... it's a Brave New World.

Again, nothing COLLINS does is the issue. Can we compete at the highest levels? Doubtful. NIL + Portal is a boon for the factories and will widen the gap between GT and uga/Clemson. That doesn't, however, mean we don't have a path forward. It will just be harder.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Thanks for pulling me away from the edge
👍
however, the point I was making is that we are fast approaching an historically bad period in Tech football, perhaps the worst ever. If TStan does anything that smacks of complacency in this epically bad time, a whole bunch of people will give up on supporting Tech because there will be no coming back in their lifetime. It would be a body blow to the program.

But 🙂 I’m fine. Really.

My point is Collins is not the biggest impediment to GTs ability to compete. Even if we kept him on for three more 3-9 seasons, the hardcore base of GT fans will remain. They will be mad, and we will lose some ticket sales, but most will come back with the new coach. Our issues are far more systemic in nature than a mere coaching staff.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
My point is Collins is not the biggest impediment to GTs ability to compete. Even if we kept him on for three more 3-9 seasons, the hardcore base of GT fans will remain. They will be mad, and we will lose some ticket sales, but most will come back with the new coach. Our issues are far more systemic in nature than a mere coaching staff.
Agree that Collins is a symptom of systemic issues. Which is why he may need to go, even if just for symbolic reasons, to show Tech is serious about changing the culture.

JacketFan137

Banned
Agree that Collins is a symptom of systemic issues. Which is why he may need to go, even if just for symbolic reasons, to show Tech is serious about changing the culture.
collins is a bad hire as of now can’t argue against that, but i also think if you look back at who we interviewed and names we were linked to it’s not like we missed out on greatness while we hired collins. wasn’t like we had some stellar candidates even linked to us or we had any money prepared to pay someone great.

if i remember correctly whisenhunt was a guy we got the furthest with and he hasn’t drawn any interest in the last three years. probably would have been just as bad with him too

JacketFan137

Banned
Who GAF seriously. He could go full Paul Johnson mode in an interview and it’s not gonna effect how we play.
people here have made up their minds on collins so much so they angrily bang their keyboards like children to describe his jeans or the way his hat fits during his press conferences. when you don’t win games people will go after everything you do lol

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Apparently you haven't listened to our AD speak. Like I said, I like him, but have a tough time listening to him. Could really benefit from some public speaking instruction or classes.
I apologize. The “this is dumb” was never supposed to see the light of day. I had just typed it in with no intent to ever post. It was kind of a vent to myself and was just sitting there. I then responded to another post later and it tagged along without me knowing I posted it. I had no intention of airing that comment. Sorry.