CFP Discussion

CottonJacket81

Georgia Tech Fan
Folks, besides Ga Tech, who is your team you’d like to see in the playoffs?
When I took the SAT way back in 1979, I had to list my preferred schools in order: 1) GA Tech, 2) Auburn & 3) Colorado (Why Colorado? I do not remember). When I think of Auburn, I think of Bo Jackson. When I think of Bo Jackson, I think of the iconic Keith Jackson - Whoa Nellie! Too much nostalgia there, plus my wife went to Auburn. So I would say... War Eagle! for my back up CFP team. But it ain't happening this year.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Having a second team is a sign of weakness

Avoiding Alfredo Diaz GIF by Rooster Teeth

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I'm originally from Michigan before moving to Georgia in grade school. Michigan has been my second team after GT, and I probably would have gone there if I still lived in MI during my college years.
My wife is from Michigan. A family joke that my children heard growing up was our imitating Scarlet O’Hara, “Yankees in Georgia; however did they get heah!”

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
A bit of noise on X today about the CFP and the odds of a playoff without an SEC team. To consider that, here are my thoughts:

uga is in if they go undefeated. I do not see Missouri or Kentucky remaining undefeated.

If uga loses the SECCG to a one loss team, the SEC will not have a team if all these are true:
ACC champ is undefeated
OU/Texas winner is undefeated B12 champ
B1G champ champ is undefeated
PAC-12 champ is undefeated

The SEC might still be left out if uga loses a regular season game, but wins the SECCG if:
ACC champ is undefeated
OU/Texas winner is undefeated B12 champ
B1G champ champ is undefeated
PAC-12 champ is undefeated

It will be hard to justify a one loss SEC team in the CFP with four undefeated P5 champions. The real sticky question will be who gets left out is all five P5 champs are undefeated.