CDS staff speculation.

spdrama

Jolly Good Fellow
14 days. Should have even posted the day after he told the old staff he wasn’t retaining them. He could have been courting him, he could have been looking and weighing various options. It could be that others turned us down. It could have been a bunch of things.

The one thing it probably wasn’t, was due diligence. If it were, then the gap between the first two and the third wouldn’t have been so large.

I was just looking for some insight from people who might know, not a throw-away

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
3 more staff additions that I haven't seen publicly announced - Nate Babcock, Matty Holt, and Justin Landry.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
3 more staff additions that I haven't seen publicly announced - Nate Babcock, Matty Holt, and Justin Landry.

Ah, folks were asking who the NBA guys were that CDS mentioned. I remember Babcock from his days with the Hawks.

slugboy

Staff member

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I know the article says that he’s an Asst.Coach. We already have the maximum of three of those. Gotta feel this is the Special Advisory A.C. to CDS, that was advertised right after our new H.C. accepted the job at GT?
Think I have an answer to my own question ….
Effective on July 1, 2023: The Council supported an increase of two coaches in men's and women's basketball. These additional coaches may engage in coaching activities but may not recruit off campus. The rules change codified a waiver in those sports that allowed noncoaching staff members to engage in skill instruction. In both Football Bowl Subdivision and Football Championship Subdivision football, the Council redefined graduate assistant positions to graduate student coaches and limited individuals to serving three years maximum in that role.

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Bonzi Wells, the No. 11 overall pick in the 1998 NBA draft, is joining coach Damon Stoudamire’s staff at Georgia Tech, according to a release from LeMoyne-Owen College.

Wells, 46, coached LeMoyne-Owen for the past two seasons and was 34-22 at the Memphis, Tennessee, school that competes in Division II.