CDS staff speculation.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Any thoughts on why it took so long to land on Terry Parker? I wouldn’t have thought that it would have taken this long to identify him as the third coach, as an assistant at UAB. Personally, I don’t know him or anything about him, so any real knowledge on his background would be welcomed.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Any thoughts on why it took so long to land on Terry Parker? I wouldn’t have thought that it would have taken this long to identify him as the third coach, as an assistant at UAB. Personally, I don’t know him or anything about him, so any real knowledge on his background would be welcomed.
Maybe, you know, due diligence?

This prevents things like racing intoxicated with coed staff member in athletic department vehicles and such as that. We may not win as much as some programs but we do it better.

😐

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I was hoping for a real answer. Go figure.

That (due diligence) is a real answer, considering we'll never know the full answer.

I recall other names being whispered. It's possible Parker wasn't his initial choice. We also know we're required to have the job open for x-number of days before making a hire. All that adds time and are reasonable explanations/answers.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I was hoping for a real answer. Go figure.
Well, it was about as real as I could come up with since the timetable seemed reasonable.

The added uga snark at the end is just my continued disgust with a program that has operated on the ethical fringe for decades and the firm belief that Tech at least tries not to cut corners.

But I will listen out for a more fulsome answer if you shake one out of someone.

spdrama

Jolly Good Fellow
Well, it was about as real as I could come up with since the timetable seemed reasonable.

The added uga snark at the end is just my continued disgust with a program that has operated on the ethical fringe for decades and the firm belief that Tech at least tries not to cut corners.

But I will listen out for a more fulsome answer if you shake one out of someone.

Looks like every place he has coached the teams had high win records with lots of players garnering awards. A coaching staff of proven winners every place they go. Don’t see anything negative at this starting gate

slugboy

Staff member
Random guesses based on no particular info—
  • Background check took a while
  • Contract negotiations took a while, and we didn’t initially agree on pay or benefits
  • Parker had more than one offer
  • GT had more than one candidate
  • Parker has an SO that was unsure of coming to Atlanta
  • Parker really loved UAB and had to think it over
  • UAB counter offered as strongly as they could

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
That (due diligence) is a real answer, considering we'll never know the full answer.

I recall other names being whispered. It's possible Parker wasn't his initial choice. We also know we're required to have the job open for x-number of days before making a hire. All that adds time and are reasonable explanations/answers.
14 days. Should have even posted the day after he told the old staff he wasn’t retaining them. He could have been courting him, he could have been looking and weighing various options. It could be that others turned us down. It could have been a bunch of things.

The one thing it probably wasn’t, was due diligence. If it were, then the gap between the first two and the third wouldn’t have been so large.

I was just looking for some insight from people who might know, not a throw-away comment.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
14 days. Should have even posted the day after he told the old staff he wasn’t retaining them. He could have been courting him, he could have been looking and weighing various options. It could be that others turned us down. It could have been a bunch of things.

The one thing it probably wasn’t, was due diligence. If it were, then the gap between the first two and the third wouldn’t have been so large.

I was just looking for some insight from people who might know, not a throw-away comment.

Sheesh. My apologies.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Sorry. Not meaning to come across harsh or dickish, I just thought others might know something I didn't. I don't think it was due diligence.

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

Oh, my bad. Wrong gif.

Forgive Tv Land GIF by #Impastor

Yeah, thats better. :sneaky:

Techster

Helluva Engineer
My take on this is that ”@kg01” is really just a (poorly-coded) chat AI that somehow managed to escape from its home server.

Bad things happen when you eat trash ice cream...coincidentally, KG has a LOT of bad posts...

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member