Can Jordan last a whole season?

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
look again at the Ms st game behind Shaq
Every single carry, whole game, every time? There are realistic expectations and then there are wild pipe dreams. If one can get five yards every carry, then give it to him every play and win going away. They call it average for a reason.

coachrcm

Georgia Tech Fan
New to this blog.After watching Jordan in the va tech game I think he would be a good fit at B-back like Simms and Days.Passing ability will limit him.I like his hard nosed approach.Look forward to seeing how it plays out.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Tecmo Bowl Bo Jackson. C'mon man...
Okay, let me see if I can explain myself better: the best implied the Bback dive would go for five yards. Every time.

It doesn't, and to cherry pick 2, 3, 4 games when it almost but not quite did, you extrapolate it to prove a point. Nah. Else all those complaints on the board about doing the same thing all the time and running into a wall up the middle wouldn't be there. I got it: somebody ask Johnson a) if it should (as diagrammed) and b) if it does, as it plays out.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Okay, let me see if I can explain myself better: the best implied the Bback dive would go for five yards. Every time.

It doesn't, and to cherry pick 2, 3, 4 games when it almost but not quite did, you extrapolate it to prove a point. Nah. Else all those complaints on the board about doing the same thing all the time and running into a wall up the middle wouldn't be there. I got it: somebody ask Johnson a) if it should (as diagrammed) and b) if it does, as it plays out.

Calm down buddy...that was just a joke. Guess you didn't play Nintendo as a kid?

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
I realize that comparing Navy and Tech only goes so far; nonetheless, what Navy accomplished this year with a QB who reminds me more than a little of Jordan with his "I'll run it myself" mentality, does give me some comfort as to what Tech could do with Jordan next year . . .

Look at how Navy used their QB, much more a runner than passer even by academy standards, this year. Senior Will Worth replaced 1st string QB Tago Smith who was injured, out for the season, in the 2nd quarter of their first game of the season; Worth went on to have a stellar year, providing 50% of the rushing attempts for the team, until, yes, he was injured in the AAC title game against Temple, the week before the Army game. (Joining the AAC has upgraded the strength of Navy's schedule; they're now facing solid opponents such as Memphis, Houston, and resurgent Temple and USF, in addition to non-conf annual foes Notre Dame and a usually solid Air Force.) This year, contrary to most seasons, Navy not only was a "power" running team this year, but it was the QB Worth who took the majority of the carries; Navy didn't dazzle near as much with a speedy, shifty QB and as many heart-stopping last-second laterals as it usually does; instead, Worth plowed ahead with 264 carries for 1198 yards and 25 touchdowns (and also completed 61% of his passes for another 1397 yards, 8 TDs and only three picks). [Before this season, Worth had thrown one pass (an interception) and rushed three times for 10 yards. In three seasons as the 3rd-string QB.]

Of course, if Mills stays healthy and keeps a straight head for Tech, Tech wouldn't need to lean on Jordan to become a "Worth-ish" power-run team.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
MJ will improve our running offense by being a good runner himself. He will get tough yards and be productive on the inside in a way that JT never really did. JT made us better in the passing game. That was his biggest contribution. JT was accurate as a passer and made decent decisions most of the time. Plus, many of his most impressive runs were off broken down pass plays, just making something happen. So I include that as part of the passing game mentally. It remains to be seen what MJ's impact will be on the passing game. Will he continue to stress the defense the way JT did? I hope so, but I am less confident about that than I am about how he will upgrade the running game. MJ has as good an arm as JT, if not better, but there is so much more that goes into it. Improv is important. JT had that big time.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Calm down buddy...that was just a joke. Guess you didn't play Nintendo as a kid?

Nah, the astonishing thing I enjoyed about Bo was the day he ran up and along the vertical outfield wall to catch a long drive. Most spectacular and most athletic and most impossible feat imaginable. Even on your video game. I still catch it somewhere occasionally.