Can Jordan last a whole season?

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
So, assuming Jordan's game can move the ball effectively, the dude takes a TON of hits. I love the kid and how he plays with a healthy amount of "F You", but that get gets POUNDED on, and he's not a huge dude.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
I think so but he may be like JeT was in 2015 by the end of it.

I'm of the persuasion that 17 will be a bit like 12 when TW was the main QB and everyone knew it but Vad still ran series and I think one game he ran most of the game?

I'm thinking Lucas will be the 2nd QB morphing into a 1-B option but thats based off of nothing but my hype for LJ. Who knows.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
So, assuming Jordan's game can move the ball effectively, the dude takes a TON of hits. I love the kid and how he plays with a healthy amount of "F You", but that get gets POUNDED on, and he's not a huge dude.
If he can get better at stretching the option out and making the pitch he will be fine, he just needs to get better at making his reads imo. I think the two guys that will be redshirt freshman will give him a run for his money though.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I think so but he may be like JeT was in 2015 by the end of it.

I'm of the persuasion that 17 will be a bit like 12 when TW was the main QB and everyone knew it but Vad still ran series and I think one game he ran most of the game?

I'm thinking Lucas will be the 2nd QB morphing into a 1-B option but thats based off of nothing but my hype for LJ. Who knows.
I like Lucas a lot too, but don't sleep on jay jones. If I recall correctly cpj said he was running the scout team and was doing very good.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

This question has been asked of every one of our QBs since Nesbitt, who ironically, was the only one lost to injury for extended time. I'm going to go with yes he can, but no one knows for sure til we play the games.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Definitely in the mold of Nesbitt, but my question is can he effectively throw the forward pass ?
As if Josh could?

Actually, I don't think there's much to worry about here. Jordan is strongly built and, after a summer/spring working on his pitch reads, should do just fine. Also, he can throw; look at his high school film.

As I've said her before, I think we can watch MJ at QB in the Army/Navy game. True, his name will be Will Worth, but it's the same player. MJ'll do just fine and we'll run over people like a tank. I can hardly wait.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I wish we had some insiders at spring practice.

I think there will be a role for Mathew, but I'd like to see a more rounded quarterback win out. Even if he isn't the starter, I like him in short yardage. I also like him in times when we want to keep the ball and eat clock.

Jacketbacker17

Jolly Good Fellow
My opinion is that someone like a Lucas Johnson or even incoming true freshman QB Tobias Oliver (if he can learn the offense quick enough which is possible if he enrolls early) will win the job over Jordan and eventually leading to Jordan moving to B-Back to provide some depth and maybe even get some touches.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
MJ will be fine running the O. The problem with his passing, is not his arm, it is his feet/technique. A couple of throws in the VT game he was either not setting his feet or throwing off his back foot. We are going to see a different game with him at QB. You can't really judge him in the pitch game too much as CPJ has stated a couple of time when he has been in the game that he wanted him to get down hill fast.

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck
As if Josh could?

Actually, I don't think there's much to worry about here. Jordan is strongly built and, after a summer/spring working on his pitch reads, should do just fine. Also, he can throw; look at his high school film.

As I've said her before, I think we can watch MJ at QB in the Army/Navy game. True, his name will be Will Worth, but it's the same player. MJ'll do just fine and we'll run over people like a tank. I can hardly wait.

I LOL every time someone says he cant throw.

Who can with 10 guys in the backfield?

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck
I will hold out judgement on MJ until he is given the full playbook to run. Virtually every time he has been in the game at QB you can tell this is not the case. Most of the time it appears CPJ has ordered him to keep 90% of the time. Byerly's earliest snaps looked the same.

bingo.
(and people say he misses reads. no he is told to keep it)