Bright spots...

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Forgot to mention the true bright spot from the trip...

Jim’s Cheesesteak! Incredible. I went against my gut and took the advise of the cook to get it with Whiz. It was awesome. Next time through I’ll try provolone + American.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I didn't recall that you did that with safeties in your analysis. That's a fair take. Neither way is perfect, obviously.
The BCFtoys PPDDiff does it different. It counts it and gives the team -2 for the drive. Over the course of a season it shouldn’t amount to a big different in my opinion.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
This thread has grown big, so I can’t remember if I’ve seen this but:

We control our own destiny in the ACC. We may have sucked it up the first four games, but we still have everything to play for. We still have eight more weekends to cheer on the brave and bold, and for that I am thankful. CGC has so far gotten the men to go out there and play their hardest for 60 minutes, so I am going to do my best to root them on as hard as I can.

Until we are mathematically eliminated, I’m going to believe in us.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
The BCFtoys PPDDiff does it different. It counts it and gives the team -2 for the drive. Over the course of a season it shouldn’t amount to a big different in my opinion.
A bigger variable with PPD that also showed itself yesterday is the varying quality of FG kicking across teams. No doubt we attempt the ~48 yd FGs with Butker, Manget, etc.

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
Yes, OL is glaring. I have no idea how we've managed to field a D1 OL this bad, but they will improve as the season progresses and next couple of years.
We seem to have adequate size / strength but execution has been an absolute rambling wreck...

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
I really like our defense, although obviously many areas could be better. There is always room for improvement. But against FBS teams, our offense is scoring about 9 points a game. Our defense is forced to spend a lot of time on the field.

Our offense just needs to come up with a handful of plays we can execute properly and just run them over and over.

Apparently, there are no plays we can execute properly...

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
This thread has grown big, so I can’t remember if I’ve seen this but:

We control our own destiny in the ACC. We may have sucked it up the first four games, but we still have everything to play for. We still have eight more weekends to cheer on the brave and bold, and for that I am thankful. CGC has so far gotten the men to go out there and play their hardest for 60 minutes, so I am going to do my best to root them on as hard as I can.

Until we are mathematically eliminated, I’m going to believe in us.

So, you’re saying we can still dance our way into the ACC Championship game?

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
So, you’re saying we can still dance our way into the ACC Championship game?

350.png

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I don’t share your optimism but I’m not going to hate on you for it. Making it to the championship game would be fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chances of us even winning an ACC game might be slim, but the world is weird. I’m going to wake up on game days, brew some coffee, splash some whiskey in it, and cheer for the Jackets regardless. 12 weekends a year is too little time to get bent out of shape.

Deleted member 2897

A bigger variable with PPD that also showed itself yesterday is the varying quality of FG kicking across teams. No doubt we attempt the ~48 yd FGs with Butker, Manget, etc.

King is 2 for 7 on field goals the last 2 years. Wells had never missed a kick...until we benched him. So we have a mess there now.