Bright spots...

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I'm gonna keep this thread alive because although I had hopes of a 6 or 7 win season that's not going to be the case this year. And that's fine. If I see continued growth I'll be ok with that. The loss to UNC gave me hope for the offense moving forward, but the defense looked to take a step back. This was the first time this season I saw some rhythm on offense and was actually looking forward to see them take the field.

I am not sure there is a bright spot when your team gives up nearly 600 yards total offense and 38 points but for the people who wanted balance in the offense well, there was a lot of that. Graham has settled the quarterback spot, Mason ran hard and that's about it. There is a long road ahead for this team and its not going to get easier.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I'm gonna keep this thread alive because although I had hopes of a 6 or 7 win season that's not going to be the case this year. And that's fine. If I see continued growth I'll be ok with that. The loss to UNC gave me hope for the offense moving forward, but the defense looked to take a step back. This was the first time this season I saw some rhythm on offense and was actually looking forward to see them take the field.
It's hard to ask a defense to play 95 snaps. I know we kind of did that to ourselves because we couldn't get them off the field on 3rd down, but it was obvious that they were out of gas with about 5 minutes to go in the first half. We just need a more consistent pass rush.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The little very fast man is a player.
More please.
Cottrell is really fast on punt coverage.
WE GOT A TOUCH DOWN PASS TO A TIGHT END. - Unc had no idea!

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
Scoring the 22 points is pretty much meaningless because a loss is a loss
And experience is experience. Lessons are lessons. And if this team can find things to build on and it makes us better moving forward it wasn't a total waste of 3 and a half hours. But you seem pretty dug in to this pit of despair that you're in (concerning the team) so we'll just have to agree to disagree.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
It's hard to ask a defense to play 95 snaps. I know we kind of did that to ourselves because we couldn't get them off the field on 3rd down, but it was obvious that they were out of gas with about 5 minutes to go in the first half. We just need a more consistent pass rush.

Smdh

You refuted your own post. We didn't ask our D to play 95 snaps. Our D participated in that ask.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
And experience is experience. Lessons are lessons. And if this team can find things to build on and it makes us better moving forward it wasn't a total waste of 3 and a half hours. But you seem pretty dug in to this pit of despair that you're in (concerning the team) so we'll just have to agree to disagree.
A lot of GT fans on the Swarm Message Board are like me...sadly:(

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
We repeatedly couldn't sustain drives. That wears on a defense and causes missed tackels/assignments which leads to sustained drives for the other team.

No law against us getting 3 and outs. They made 31% of 3rd down before us and 51% against us.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Offense started showing signs of life in the second half. That was nice to see. OL remains a big issue and likely will be the rest of the year.

Defense made some good plays but the inability to get pressure is killer, and in general the DL is a huge weakness. DBs got burned too often, some of which wasn't capitalized on. I wonder how much of that was due to trying to cheat a bit to help out the front 7. Had 1 INT and had at least 1 other good chance by a nice play by a defender dropping into a passing lane. Overall there is still a glaring weakness on the DL that won't likely be fixed this year and I expect us to still show flashes of great play but overall by haunted by that weakness.

Kennethshannon20

Jolly Good Fellow
Gotta get PNode to find what works quicker than halftime and not give up 21 in 1 quarter (4th in this instance). Also, I'm cool with Griffin coming in, but Mason should be the main guy THIS year and we need to tell Griffin this ain't highschool, you can't run through everybody.

Why did we bring Oliver as QB on that drive? Seemed like a waste.

Loved Graham staying in all day. Showed some signs of life on Offense but inconsistent. I was at the game on first row behind the players and I can tell you, the D was getting down on themselves bad. Some guys trying to pick em back up but some definite bad vibes. Still hopeful but still think it's more PNode than it is an empty cupboard. Go jackets!!!

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
Lots of bright spots today IMO. QB play was better. OL held up better. Play calling was decent. We are going to make mistakes but that’s expected. Frankly, the one part of our team that I was counting on, 3rd and long D, didn’t show up.

Also, glad CGC dialed back the money down and juice crew.

Animal02

Banned
I am not sure there is a bright spot when your team gives up nearly 600 yards total offense and 38 points but for the people who wanted balance in the offense well, there was a lot of that. Graham has settled the quarterback spot, Mason ran hard and that's about it. There is a long road ahead for this team and its not going to get easier.
And that road has a good chance of being a dead end.