JG will keep getting better.
Yates will keep getting better.
Bryce Gowdy.
Jahmyr Gibbs.
Tucker Gleason.
3 great OL.
Etc.
Nice to be positive but--
I hear Gleason is struggling.0-3 with avg stats. Maybe a bad team ,but would not count on him for 3 yrs at least.
I know we suck on Ol but expecting TRUE Fr OLs to add much is unlikely. btw-- I'll get excited when Gibbs and Gowdy actually show up here.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I am glad that cgc is looking at red shirting cooper even though he is anything but "" l o n g """". He has given gt a lot and deserves another year if he wants it.

Hansen seems is injured - as well. When they hit our qb helmet to helmet - Hansen was blockingvhis guy but he gave a seim move and went right thru his arm . He s a keeper - as a vital part of run game

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
King is 2 for 7 on field goals the last 2 years. Wells had never missed a kick...until we benched him. So we have a mess there now.

With the way things are looking, I don’t think a field goal made or missed by a Tech’s kicker is going to make a difference in any outcome this year.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
With the way things are looking, I don’t think a field goal made or missed by a Tech’s kicker is going to make a difference in any outcome this year.
People clown on field goals but it is ****ing killing us to make all these first half drives down inside the 30 and be giving up all these "gimme" points for failed 4th down conversions. Field goals in the first half keep a game close late and we have no way to "take the points" right now. It's really been ****ing us and will continue to stop us from having chances late in games to steal wins.

If we had a good enough offense to reliably convert 4th downs at a higher clip, it'd be a little different.

Can't play revisionist history too much but a field goal from the 24 in the 3rd quarter of The Citadel game might have won us the game when it was all said and done.

JacketRacket

Jolly Good Fellow
People clown on field goals but it is ****ing killing us to make all these first half drives down inside the 30 and be giving up all these "gimme" points for failed 4th down conversions. Field goals in the first half keep a game close late and we have no way to "take the points" right now. It's really been ****ing us and will continue to stop us from having chances late in games to steal wins.

If we had a good enough offense to reliably convert 4th downs at a higher clip, it'd be a little different.

Can't play revisionist history too much but a field goal from the 24 in the 3rd quarter of The Citadel game might have won us the game when it was all said and done.

Missed field goals change your strategy on whether to go for it on 4th down. King is 1/3 on field goals and 3/3 on XP, and Wells is 2/3 on XP and 0/0 on FG. Don't want to bring up the whole Wells vs King thing again, but it doesn't necessarily inspire confidence.

I think CPJ did the same kind of thing when Butker graduated, but I'm too lazy to look up the stats.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I am glad that cgc is looking at red shirting cooper even though he is anything but "" l o n g """". He has given gt a lot and deserves another year if he wants it.

Hansen seems is injured - as well. When they hit our qb helmet to helmet - Hansen was blockingvhis guy but he gave a seim move and went right thru his arm . He s a keeper - as a vital part of run game

length not too important at center.....cooper can be fine for what he wants on our team.....the length he wants is as you go to the edges....both TE, OT, and LG

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
length not too important at center.....cooper can be fine for what he wants on our team.....the length he wants is as you go to the edges....both TE, OT, and LG
Agree - their height those less than great plus their football experience yields = definitly needed.

Key words -" can be fine".

Cooper and Hansen s posted height seems generous.

I will check the heights of recent recruits for ol. I remember all long.
33 are these kids likely to be tackles? We have been chasing tackles for a long time.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Agree - their height those less than great plus their football experience yields = definitly needed.

Key words -" can be fine".

Cooper and Hansen s posted height seems generous.

I will check the heights of recent recruits for ol. I remember all long.
33 are these kids likely to be tackles? We have been chasing tackles for a long time.

Yes. We are recruiting the heck out of the tackle spot. And ones without great feet can move inside

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
I'm gonna keep this thread alive because although I had hopes of a 6 or 7 win season that's not going to be the case this year. And that's fine. If I see continued growth I'll be ok with that. The loss to UNC gave me hope for the offense moving forward, but the defense looked to take a step back. This was the first time this season I saw some rhythm on offense and was actually looking forward to see them take the field.